Back Outback..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pegged it and put my sign up :cool:
1627949438_img_20210803_100712.jpg

1627949454_img_20210803_100720.jpg

Mackka said:
Yeah take that Dad see what i found. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is already suffering enough from what I showed him from day 1 and 2.
I gave some colour away to a couple of other miner friends today.
Good Calma is important, and so is the difference between selfish and selfless.

If that piece "thumper" came from about 30 mtr down then it is approx 4 million years old and some nice colour might be nearby or hiding inside some of that stuff. :D

Adrian ss said:
If that piece "thumper" came from about 30 mtr down then it is approx 4 million years old and some nice colour might be nearby or hiding inside some of that stuff. :D
It's either come from a 12 ft / upper shallow level or been shoveled and made its way down to the 30 ft level Im currently going through.
Multiple shafts everywhere with dirt spilling down into drives that's coming from upper levels.
I've already got a logistics problem, what dirt to move/ what dirt I want to process/ what dirt to move or process first /limited empty space to move anything anywhere.
It's not a simple task without extracting processed dirt to the surface.
Blocking spilling shafts is another problem I will have to. There are already some blocked with corrugated iron, it's not very safe, if they bust and I'm in the wrong place, potential to drown in loose dirt like an ant stuck in the bottom of an hour glass :lol:

20xwater said:
Adrian ss said:
It's either come from a 12 ft / upper shallow level or been shoveled and made its way down to the 30 ft level Im currently going through.
Multiple shafts everywhere with dirt spilling down into drives that's coming from upper levels.
I've already got a logistics problem, what dirt to move/ what dirt I want to process/ what dirt to move or process first /limited empty space to move anything anywhere.
It's not a simple task without extracting processed dirt to the surface.
Blocking spilling shafts is another problem I will have to. There are already some blocked with corrugated iron, it's not very safe, if they bust and I'm in the wrong place, potential to drown in loose dirt like an ant stuck in the bottom of an hour glass :lol:

Best not risk shortcuts buddy. No color is worth your life or the life of a mate.

Good luck up there down there :lol:

Yes, have to agree. It sounds maybe too risky.
I have been assuming from your pic and discriptions you are at Lightning Ridge. ??

Adrian ss said:
sorry for a noob question. Do you keep following the potch or give up on it if it shows no colour ?

Goldfreak said:
Adrian ss said:
sorry for a noob question. Do you keep following the potch or give up on it if it shows no colour ?
I don't know the answer to that question mate. I'm just blacklighting tailings.
If your asking the 'where do I dig' question then my answer is just keep turning left or throw your hat in the air and dig where it lands.
I can say yes there are obvious Opal lines in the ground to follow but I haven't driven along any long enough yet to give you a possible answer.