Back Outback..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still going through the drill tailings from the hole. Some more potch bits, tiny bit of colour here and there under the loop..
1623990571_img_20210618_1418322.jpg

Dihusky said:
Looks a bit small for a ladder and an up-n-over, or is that the pilot ;)
corrugated iiron collar laid over is 800 high, that gives me 200 Above the ground to build fall away from it for when it rains.
The level bottom is for the collar to have a hard ledge to sit on.
Deeper from this point the dimensions are about 1.9 X .8

Looking like the new dunny hole is getting a lot of attention.... incase it's gunna need a collar two lol
:pickshovel:

The old man had one of his 'dont get your hopes up there might be nothing down there' mood swings this morning.
The young guns off Opal hunters just pulled up to a neighbour claim and showed him nice colour for the last week.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mackka said:
New avatar, nice. Now mate i know nothing about what you are doin but i have to ask, are you going down inside the pipe or digging around it, sorry just trying to understand the principle.
Cheers
Mackka
That's not a pipe mate, that's the bucket that gets winched up the rail and out of the hole full of dirt/tailings.
Goes all the way to the top of the tipper and over to empty out. As it's going over it compresses the spring arm to a point where a cable running back to the out of gear pin on the winch is pulled and the spring arm flicks it back up and over.
Then gravity pulls it back down the rail.
The speed of the bucket falling is controlled by a hydraulic brake with a valve adjustment.
2 ropes down the hole, pull 1 to activate the on off switch to the winch motor, pull the other to put the winch pin in gear and up she goes.

Latest posts