Back Outback..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldfreak said:
Adrian ss said:
If that piece "thumper" came from about 30 mtr down then it is approx 4 million years old and some nice colour might be nearby or hiding inside some of that stuff. :D
sorry for a noob question. Do you keep following the potch or give up on it if it shows no colour ?

opal miners are pleased to find potch as it is good indication that precious opal is close by. :D but it is not guaranteed. :argh:

First play on a borrowed wheel..
1628143895_img_20210805_160913.jpg

1628143920_img_20210805_160923.jpg

The biggest one was a piece of sandstone with some ugly white potch just showing on a corner, I didn't throw it over my shoulder coz I thought I could see a glimmer.
Thinking to just put every bit that glows that's big enough to cut in the tin and giving them all a rub on the wheel before throwing away.
Like opening a hiden prezzy, very interesting and fun experience, bring it on :cool:

Beautiful mate.
Short story, when i got married, i had a friend whose father was a jeweler and i had two opal rings made, one for my best man and one for the groomsman. They were fantastic but both blokes lost them in the first month and the marriage lasted 13 years. Some say the jewelry was bad luck, i beg to differ.
Mackka

You have taken to Opal Mining like a Prospector with a pan.... :)

Keep going, you have shown us some very promising signs that you are heading in the right direction...

So i take it that you are staying out there?... :D

LW...

Mackka said:
Beautiful mate.
Short story, when i got married, i had a friend whose father was a jeweler and i had two opal rings made, one for my best man and one for the groomsman. They were fantastic but both blokes lost them in the first month and the marriage lasted 13 years. Some say the jewelry was bad luck, i beg to differ.
Mackka
A cuppla years after giving my girlfriend of that era an opal ring -twas over... thank Christ.

LoneWolf said:
You have taken to Opal Mining like a Prospector with a pan.... :)

Keep going, you have shown us some very promising signs that you are heading in the right direction...

So i take it that you are staying out there?... :D

LW...
No, I'm heading to Narooma in the morning to go do some other work. There is a big list of things I need to succeed on my claim that all cost money. And I could be waiting for the native title problem to be fixed for a long time. Until it does get fixed all claim applications are pending and it is illegal to work a pending claim!!!!!!

Latest posts