SD2200D Upgrade to GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a SD2200D that works well and I have a coil collection to go with that detector. I use that detector and my SDC2300 as my gold hunting combo. Recently I've been tempted with all the GPX4500 and 5000's that have come on the market probably due to the 6000's release. Have any of you owned the good old SD2200d and then upgraded top a GPX4500 or 5000? I'm just looking into how much of a difference is there to justify the cost of buying another detector (LOL justification)

Any Thoughts appreciated

Cheers

Bear

no idea bud, have a look around the internet im sure you will find what their going for.

you would do ok with a 4500 or 5000 plenty of gold found with both of those beauties. :Y:

Hi mate,

As a guide most get listed around the $1400 to $2100 mark, but $1900 would be about the mark based upon the places I look. The 2200 is probably a bit underrated, been looking at them specifically for a few months.

Hard to judge just how much there would be to gain in an upgrade if you are already using the 22 and 23 in a combo, in some aspects it would probably depend on the package (inclusions) you got to replace it, and the type of ground you regularly work.

One of the local guys will never part with his 2200 and even though hes getting on a bit, still makes it work for him after seeing his regular photos.

Ive seen what these two below can do with the right coilsI actually had a 4500 which I cant fault but then I used to run it like a 3500 as much as I could. Id prefer to run a detector a little bit ragged than be seduced with the smooth timings..can smooth out the gold too !
So Id put your 2200 in the same category as mineif youre comfortable and confident in your equipment then that goes a long way to finding gold. Im past the lure of new toysthe technology is definitely there so not knocking that but each to their own I guess.
1625046619_99cf135f-487f-42ae-8eee-9ba6cd7ca707.jpg

Latest posts