Lesgold's videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SDC 2300 - Look For That Small Signal

Hi Folks,

Went out for a play a few days ago over some ground that Id covered before with the gpx and the 2300. As we all know, nobody gets all the gold and my focus for the day was to concentrate on a couple of old workings that I thought would contain some really small pieces. Slowed the pace right down and took my time to ensure that I covered the area as well as I could. Was really looking for those extra faint sounds that you tend to miss if you are exploring ground and moving at a slightly faster pace. The signals that I filmed were generally quite clear as Id already established where they were and in most cases sticks or rubbish had been kicked out of the way. Initially they were not quite as clear and could have been easily overlooked. Over the last couple of months this area has been hit hard by a lot of people but still produces a few scraps. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Les

Great video Les and a real eye opener for me...That second target especially would have been over looked...

Cheers...

Hi folks,
Just uploaded a video clip of a breakaway that I worked a few weeks ago. It was a windy day so audio was a bit suss. Sorry about that. I was detecting on a pending lease that was pushed a few years ago. Concentrated on the areas between the pushing to pick up the bits that others had left behind. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Les

Bit of a difference to Mogo Les. O:)

Good to see you finally made it over there. :Y: :Y:

Thanks Doug. It was a good trip. Back to reality now. I dont own a coil small enough to be able to get it on the ground locally. The regrowth has killed it for detecting. May have to take up a new hobby like knitting and wait and wait and wait.

Ha, ha. Wish I was still in WA. Back home now to searching in thick scrub for lead shot, small bits of steel and very small gold

Nice video Les. Sounded pretty good & no doubt of interest to those who don't like headphones (not me).
You probably mentioned it on the video but what type of Bluetooth receiver are you using?
Obviously Aptx low latency as the + sign was on the screen.

Thanks mbasko. Yep, it is low latency. I was wearing Steelphase headphones all morning and just switching to the speakers when filming. I was pleased that the SP01 was able to run both options well. Just a bit of a report about charging. The Bluetooth receiver charged very quickly from USB. I need to try this setup for a full day to see if the receiver holds up. From what I have read, I should be able to get 12 or 13 hours out of it. In relation to the headphones, the standard Bluetooth headphones work quite well but are a bit muffled in comparison to the crisp, sharpe signal I get through the SP01.

Cheers

Les

Hi Folks,

A mate and I went out for a play with our detectors this morning. He had his 7000 with the Z coil attached and I was using the 6000 with the 11 coil. We went to some dig holes that we had worked to death in the past. It was just an opportunity to see if we could squeeze a few more crumbs out of a heavily flogged area and compare the two machines on any targets that may have popped up. We decided to film our play time so that we could show others what we were seeing and hearing. Anyway, here it is:

Cheers

Les

Excellent clip and a very good comparison with both machines.
Good to see that both machine settings were given. Hope you do some more on deeper gold.
Well done Les.
cheers Wayne :Y: :Y: :Y: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

Thanks Wayne. With all the regrowth, its hard to get a coil on the ground. The deeper country is covered in wattle thats now over 10 feet high. Will eventually find some deeper targets and hopefully do a comparison before the temptation to dig like a man possessed takes over and I forget to do the test.

Latest posts