Snickers are made in China

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greenhornet_au said:
Anyone seen the movie - Soylent Green ?? :eek: :awful:

Yes but I question the date?
I'm sure I saw this movie with my dad who died on Christmas day 1972. Anyway we seem to have good internet here in the Coolgardie bush so I'm going to watch it again :)

Moneybox said:
Greenhornet_au said:
Anyone seen the movie - Soylent Green ?? :eek: :awful:

Yes but I question the date?
I'm sure I saw this movie with my dad who died on Christmas day 1972. Anyway we seem to have good internet here in the Coolgardie bush so I'm going to watch it again :)

Ok, so I watched it and most likely blew my Telstra account but I enjoyed it. I don't remember the whole thing so I think I only saw a preview in 1972.

Sorry to off subject on this thread :8

goldierocks said:
Nightjar said:
Get over it, remember when we wouldn't buy Japanese products, within 10 years India will be the greatest exporter. Approx same population as China. (For the time being; Chinese number off offspring per couple has increased from two to three) They need the extra population to cope with the exports. :playful:

Trouble is, China has a lot more money that it can invest in manufacturing than India. I think 10 years is very optimistic, but it will happen.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/4386/1623137920_countries_total_wealth.jpg

We might all be surprised, I observe that poorer people have a certain resourcefulness that we seem to lack these days in many Western Countries.

They can work in a manner for the 'community group' to achieve many things.

Population means, combined funds.

I think it is about 'directed' motivations, cheap modern resources, cheap modern technology, low wages.

We might be surprised yet.

;)

1623816406_img_0820.jpg

Been to Woolies and bought some bacon ..... 14 % Australian ? 14 pigs out of 100 were raised in Australia ??? I hope I got an Australian one ! Memo to me , read label before leaving shop .

What else have you guys seen so we can steer clear of it ???? Buy Australian or die !

I find the whole buy Australian campaign laudable but not always possible. I am a great believer in supporting local businesses wherever I can, whether its Foodland, Coles, Woolies or Aldi I dont care, they all employ local people, who pay local taxes, who shop locally and who contribute to the states economy.
Im not sure I have the inclination to check every food label, the major considerations for me are price, taste and value for money. We are whether we like it or not a global community, the distrust or dislike of Chinese goods at the moment is cyclical, years ago it was Japan, Taiwan etc, further down the track its likely to be India, Korea etc.
I other than the odd item purchased online I cant recall the last time I purchased an item outside a 15km radius from home, excluding of course when we are on holidays.

The only way we can use our money to support jobs more so than just those at the local shops, is to ensure to the best of our ability that our purhases are primarily australian to the core... that is the only way we will achieve our ability to produce everything once again across the board. Just because our gov't has to make untenable decisions on behalf of the people does not mean that the people have to support overseas interests that will erode away our self sustainability to the depth of having to be reliant soley on importation.

Be brave.... buy Australian only O:)

I gave up buying bacon when I realised that all bacon comes from overseas and only full cuts of pork , leg etc, are normally 100% Australian except for one brand of bacon , Bertocci 98%Australian and yummy.
Mackka

Silver, as I said great idea but impractical in many instances, think automotive, white goods, brown goods, technology, furniture, etc all have components manufactured overseas in them, we as a nation have lost our way with manufacturing items entirely sourced from Australian components and I think we are to far down the line to return to being a major manufacturer of goods for many reasons. We as a nation are simply to small scale population wise to support many industries without the ability to export to nations who I would assume are also running buy (insert nation) here campaigns.
I can relate to you a story from the early eighties, my workmate when attending the Chicago Trade Fair was given an order for Visegrip Locking Pliers by a major US retailer, its dollar value for a single order to be fulfilled every quarter was greater than the entire yearly budget for Visegrips in Australia that year. So just one retailer was doing four times what we sold in Australia. We are merely a drop in the ocean.

Where did the bacon come from ? They should not be allow to get away with it . Feral pigs ????

numpty said:
Mike678 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/16778/1623816406_img_0820.jpg

Been to Woolies and bought some bacon ..... 14 % Australian ? 14 pigs out of 100 were raised in Australia ??? I hope I got an Australian one ! Memo to me , read label before leaving shop .

What else have you guys seen so we can steer clear of it ???? Buy Australian or die !

14% that will be the water content that Australia pump into it :lol:

Probably the plastic packet :(

Latest posts