Introduce yourself

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. I was a wee nipper when my old man worked in the mine at Big Bell just out from Cue in WA. Can't remember living there of course but I reckon I've got gold fever in my genes. Recently bought an off road van and love to go bush. Never even picked a meta detector up but I'm sure keen to give it a go. Next trip planned is to the Murchison and then across to north of Kalgoorlie. Really looking forward to that. Hope to get some good tips from this site. Starting from scratch here not knowing what detector to get. Cheers

SDC 2300 is a great pick up and detect machine, if you find a heap of gold then you can afford to upgrade to something that finds the bigger deeper stuff!

The Mrs and I went to the local retailer for metal detectors in Geraldton last year to buy a detector. We were thinking of getting a Minelab GPX5000, but all they had in stock was a top of the line Minelab GPZ7000, so we got that.
So happy we did, coz I love it! The Mrs has the SDC2300, but wants the new GPX6000 now, so we need to find some decent nuggets :cool:
Welcome to the forum from another new member too.

Latest posts