Gold Monster Problem

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
The other day I was detecting with the small coil and all was sweet. I changed coil and something has gone wrong.
No audio signal, it's just beeps when I max the coil out. Headphone jack has same problem.
I have tried everything but problem still exists. All the buttons work and the display just nothing but 1 big beep.
What do I do fellas?

mbasko said:
You'd still have the PayPal or Credit Card record of purchase?
That's as good as a receipt.
Yeah I just found the transaction on my NetBank, says I bought through anaconda

Rockhunter62 said:
Are all the pins fine, none bent over?

Cheers

Doug
Just checked again, all pins perfectly straight. When I plug headphone jack in the audio (big beep) still comes out the speaker.
Thinking..
As soon as the night temp dropped here a month ago my phone wouldn't charge and gave me the 'moisture alert'.
Did the rice thing and got it going again but it died again 2 weeks ago.
New cheap phone now but now coincidentally the monster has a problem???

was the machine left on when you changed the coil..my first advice would be be to do a factory reset....its in the manual..and see what happens then

phantomnosepicker said:
was the machine left on when you changed the coil..my first advice would be be to do a factory reset....its in the manual..and see what happens then
No, always switch off.
Don't have a manual, can you PLEASE tell me how to do the reset?

Just got got it back,

Service report says no fault found but replaced
Speaker headphone socket assy.

Turned it on, STILL JUST BEEPS!

time to do a video of the problem and send that.

:N: :N: :N:

Question..
When you turn the sensitivity up to full, above that the mode changes and the centre of the graph fills, I don't use that mode but from memory all signals are a single 'beep' that never changes pitch right?

Nightjar said:
Take the complete unit into your nearest shop and let them have a look/listen.
By what you have written there is nothing mal functioning with the unit, it is the plugins attachments that are the problems?
Maybe your right, and if you are it means both coils are stuffed all of a sudden.
How often do coils fail?

Latest posts