Another newbie from WA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuda

Mark
Reaction score
G'day fellow forumites.

I'm Mark from WA and was bitten by the prospecting bug last year along with the Mrs when we took a year off work to travel around the country but got stuck here in WA due to Covid.

Spent some time at Meekatharra and got into hunting for gold big time with the Minelab GPZ7000, which I love to bits.

Have found quite a few small pieces up to 2.8 grams and looking for some bigger nuggets to come my way as I hopefully hone my detecting skills.

Will be moving to Meekatharra on the weekend and living/working there for a few years, so hopefully will be able to contribute to the forum along the way with a few pics etc.

Cheers

Cuda

1621758604_zcamera-20210523_161728.jpg
Went out this arvo for a while and picked up one nice little nugget. Was heading back to the car to give it away and was fortunate to pick up a nice signal.

Nightjar said:
Good luck Cuda,
May be worth your while seeking permission to have a swing around the old Chestrfield mines.
Out off the Meeka/Gascoyne Road at the Wadda Wadda Tank turnoff on Beleele Station?

Cheers Nightjar. Will take a look sometime. Is that up the Landau road? I went out to Koonmurrah a while back, but didn't find any shiny. Lots of rubbish out there around old shafts out behind the station.

Latest posts