Ebor fossicking

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, New Member , just got into fossicking and enjoy looking at all your hard earned finds. I was wondering if there is anybody knows where to fossicking along ebor-guyra road , going up that way and would like to stop on my way to glen innes and have scratch around....cheers

From memory there is a falls on the left of the road going west to Guyra and just out of Ebor that has garnet in it, but it is a fair walk in and down to get to the bottom of the falls.
You may be better to scratch around at the top and bottom of Ebor Falls to see what you can screen out and if you are lucky a local might come along, ask what you are doing and point you in the direction of a better place.
Otherwise keep an eye on the country as you go to Guyra and try out any quarries or creeks that you see.

It is not easy and there is no free lunch provided.

Thanks for the reply, did talk to a fella who said crystal can be found at Platypus farm and around boulders out that way.

Just make sure you're not within the boundaries of any NP land up there! There's a few spots I've been meaning to check out up that way too so I'm pretty keen to hear how you go!
Cheers
Dan