Crypto in general

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like a ponzi scheme, smells like a ponzi scheme and tastes like a ponzi scheme but hasn't collapse like a ponzi scheme......just yet. Will be interesting too look back at this time in history. Will crypto be the new Dutch Tulip or something else ?

Look at the charts.

Dutch tulip bubble was literally one bubble that never revisited previous highs. Boom, Crash, Finished.

Crypto, on the other hand, has not only revisited previous highs but has massively outperformed previous highs. So you have a new asset class that has played numerous market cycles at this point, boom, Crash, boom, crash and so on.

So, if crypto is a ponzi scheme then you have to concede that so is property and the stock market.

Or concede suffering from cognitive dissonance is no fun at all and will stop you investing in the most profitable asset class ever in the history off human existence including tulips, property and the stock market combined.

Everyone in a ponzi scheme says its not a ponzi scheme until it is and then they don't want to talk about it. Agree though about the share market. The share market can also collapse but good companies produce something people want and pay dividends. What's bitcoin worth if people stop speculating on it ? At least Tulips are nice to look at. The future might be a crypto currency but now you have the problem of which one ? Also will state backed Crypto currencies every allow a independant one to get real traction ? I think the world does need a currency that can't be devalued but doing that with out creating a speculative asset is very difficult. Here is a pro Bitcoin pic. I am negative on cryptos long term future but still find this funny
1620082084_images_-_2021-05-04t081618.379.jpg

Crypto just came along as proof of concept that a decentralised transactional system could work. Governments are still trying to figure out how to wrestle that control back under the orthodox system they operate within. In my view that is why there is a clear distinction between metals, fiat and crypto, and why its difficult to compare to a ponzi scheme.

Genies out of the bottle, Bitcoin is just the Wright brothers.

On a different note with out starting an extra thread, does anyone know why all the world's uranium shares have gone mental today, in a good way :cool:

Goldfreak said:
On a different note with out starting an extra thread, does anyone know why all the world's uranium shares have gone mental today, in a good way :cool:
Yer we all expecting a nuclear war :bomb:

Smoky bandit said:
Goldfreak said:
Yer we all expecting a nuclear war :bomb:
bif we need that much uranium that's a :poop: load of bombs :argh: maybe it's to produce enough energy to mine more bitcoin :playful:

If you could only buy one a Crypto which one would it be and why ? I can often pick which ones about to go down but have been no good at picking which ones about to go up.

It's certainly gaining. Nothing compared to what the new DSU coin is going to do. There's a write up on it in the doge coin thread :|

Latest posts