GPX6000 Sub-Gram Targets.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diz.G said:
That's what I'm asking dude, would you pay $8000 to buy a machine to run over old patches for tiny dingers, Lot of coin to recover before you earn money if you do it for a life or living.
If your doing this for a living then the 6000 is the detector you would want.
This is a gold every trip detector and yes everyone is going to there old patches first up.But give it time and some beefy patches will be found and lots of deep large nuggets.
I would much prefer patch hunting with 6000 than lunking around the 7 all day with pretty much the same result.

davent said:
Diz.G said:
davent said:
Rubbish!
It wont produce hold, you need to find it.
If you walk over a lump with the 6000 you will find it and at good depth.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6002/1619769880_f21d2c06-df93-4a4d-92f8-ccfe0c0eab32.jpg

Thats a 25 grammar from a top end mine thats been done by proffionals who pulled over 1200 oz from it. The bloke who picked it up is doing the re hab on the mine. 6k
I never said anything about the walk over factor I just asked what you think. You can't drive your zed so now you want the latest in tiny gold fad. Simple
Im confused now! Lol.
You asked if it was just a small gold machine, I said no. Now I cant drive a zed? Lol!
I guess what Im getting at, is if people are only reporting small gold finds with the 6K, its probably mainly because they are working old patches that most of the good gold has been found. Dont worry the 6K will find big gold, but it has to be there to be found. Im pretty new on the zed, but Im working it out. Im finding good gold to!
I dont think he knows what his point is.Lol. :zzz:

Yeah dont buy one, not worth the money get the Z, thats 1 place up the list I go :perfect: :perfect: .

We all need to stop fighting on here if people dont want it dont try convince them as we are all set in our ways and thats it.

I remember being told on here when I asked when I first took up this hobby dont waste your time buy a gpx4500 well I then proceeded to buy a
- whites gmt
- another whites gmt cos the first one ended up being fake.
- swapped the gmt for a white Pi cant remember the model
- then sold it and bought a gpx 4000
- the sold it and bought a sdc2300 and found my first bit of gold lol.

You cant tell anyone anything if they do t wanna listen, and Im a person that does listen lol, and still
F-Ed it up ????

Bonacini, my story is almost the exact same, except was a whites MXT, then a TDI pro oz, then a 4500(found gold with that) then a QED now a ZED lol! Wish I had have gone from TDI straight to the ZED like my mate suggested, he has paid cash for a business from zed gold

davent said:
Bonacini, my story is almost the exact same, except was a whites MXT, then a TDI pro oz, then a 4500(found gold with that) then a QED now a ZED lol! Wish I had have gone from TDI straight to the ZED like my mate suggested, he has paid cash for a business from zed gold

Hahaha but enjoyed every moment. Were all the same hey.

davent said:

He's done extremely well but you have to have access to good ground and have to opportunity to get there often. Most aren't within easy reach of good ground and few have the spare time it takes to first learn and then find the gold. There are plenty who've forked out a large sum of money on detectors and accessories but never get more than a few weeks a year. It takes more than that if you ever going to pay for you gear. A lot of these people would have got a lot more enjoyment from a treasure detector that they could use often without the expense of travel.

I should add that I have had 2 years without a swing. My zed is an old one that I got a good deal on, way out of warranty and I did sacrifice a fair bit to get it. Had the 6K been available I probably would have spent a bit more and got one of those. But you are right, I can get out for a few hours sometime and be in with a chance.
But if you just want to find gold, then get the best you can afford first up. I spent a total of $6.5k on other machines before I really started to find decent gold.
At the time, $6k would have got me a gpx 5000 a Sadie and a 12 evo

1621428873_gpx6000.jpg

We've only got one. It could be the first time we fight in more than 20 years :lol:

How ya gonna charge it out bush? I guess the bus has an inverter ? But the car charger kind of sucks.
Not keen on alligator clips to charge it, some times I charge if Im driving to a new spot, so the clips would be awkward on the move
Look forward to see how you go with it, I have heard the 14did does really good in noisy ground

davent said:
How ya gonna charge it out bush? I guess the bus has an inverter ? But the car charger kind of sucks.
Not keen on alligator clips to charge it, some times I charge if Im driving to a new spot, so the clips would be awkward on the move
Look forward to see how you go with it, I have heard the 14did does really good in noisy ground

I thought the same Dave. If you've got a vehicle like the wife's Vito you can't even find a battery without first consulting the owner's manual. I thought perhaps it's a fast charger that draws too many amps but that's surely not the case because this is a really slow battery to charge. Nothing like charging a 4500, it's more like charging the SDC batteries where they wear down at about the same rate as the charge. Now I can understand why guys are looking for a spare battery. For all the years I swung the 4500 there may have been a couple of times where I ran the battery flat because I didn't bother to charge it the previous night. You didn't have to worry because you could give it a bit at lunchtime if you saw the need.

Yeah its a weird perspective, given that 99 out of 100 users of metal detectors would be recreational users whos odds of repaying a machine are low.

The flipside, semi professional users, would surely take the view that any advantage from a new offering would outweigh the outlay, regardless of the payback.

I watch tradies all day using some tech that is specific to its purpose, and arrive in differing vehicles everyday, not sure what sort of person would question their motives or admonish them for their choices, but that seemed to be the way this thread started out.

In short most users wont be that invested, and those that are will likely adopt it should they see an advantage. The 7000 only has a limited place as the age of users increase. If nothing else the 6000 addressed that.

Moneybox said:
davent said:

I thought the same Dave. If you've got a vehicle like the wife's Vito you can't even find a battery without first consulting the owner's manual. I thought perhaps it's a fast charger that draws too many amps but that's surely not the case because this is a really slow battery to charge. Nothing like charging a 4500, it's more like charging the SDC batteries where they wear down at about the same rate as the charge. Now I can understand why guys are looking for a spare battery. For all the years I swung the 4500 there may have been a couple of times where I ran the battery flat because I didn't bother to charge it the previous night. You didn't have to worry because you could give it a bit at lunchtime if you saw the need.
People want lightweight & no cables so something has to give way.
I'd estimate from my usage it takes about 1hr to charge for every hours use i.e. use for 3hrs, then approx. 3hrs to fully charge again.
Previous GPX batteries were not only heavier but retail for $399 vs $239 for the GPX6000 batteries. If I was prepping for any longer than 4-5 days then I'd be buying one - it's a no brainer really.
The above 12v cigarette car charger works well. Been using it off a small battery/power pack ok & seems about the same charge time as 240v :Y:

Mackka said:
This tector is obviously not for the hobbyist at $8K
Mackka

Why on earth not!
How many blokes have boats and put them in 3 or 4 times a year?
I know blokes that pay more than that for golf club membership.
Buy a decent trap \ shotgun and it will set you back more than 8K,
How many $50k+ caravans see the light of day only at Easter and Xmas.
then there are car enthusiasts etc, the list goes on and on.

hi I just ordered one ,I wasnt concerned about the price as Im sure i would recoup most of it if I had to sell it. I just wanted a detector that stands a chance of finding something in areas that have been flogged to death, as these are the only places I seem to be able to find. I currently own a sdc this will give me the chance to detect with my kids and grandkids when camping.

Latest posts