GPX6000 Sub-Gram Targets.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sitting on the fence atm about purchasing the GPX6000 as all I see is videos on YouTube of sub gram finds at similar depths to the SDC2300. Is it just a SDC2300 on steroids imitating the coiltek series of larger coils or can it punch deep?
For an extra $1500 You have a GPZ7000.
What are your thoughts?

Rubbish!
It wont produce hold, you need to find it.
If you walk over a lump with the 6000 you will find it and at good depth.
1619769880_f21d2c06-df93-4a4d-92f8-ccfe0c0eab32.jpg

Thats a 25 grammar from a top end mine thats been done by proffionals who pulled over 1200 oz from it. The bloke who picked it up is doing the re hab on the mine. 6k

In my opinion every new Minelab that comes out seems to find bits older machines have missed.
Have seen a few reports on GPX 6000, seems to pulling multiple gold targets from heavily worked areas.
The GPZ is a 6 year old machine and popular locations would have been searched 1000s of times with it.

I personally don't get out enough to warrant upgrading, be lucky to get in one prospecting trip per year.
Having to work in a jail job and pay taxes.

If it were me I would go for the 6000

:Y: Yep agree, the gpz700 has had a few software upgrades over that period also. You would expect that the new nugget finder coil would have people revisiting old spots. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that the 6000 is pinging the tiny stuff but just wonder how much of the tech is new and how much is recycled onto a new hardware platform.

davent said:
Rubbish!
If you walk over a lump with the 6000 you will find it and at good depth.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6002/1619769880_f21d2c06-df93-4a4d-92f8-ccfe0c0eab32.jpg

Thats a 25 grammar from a top end mine thats been done by proffionals who pulled over 1200 oz from it. The bloke who picked it up is doing the re hab on the mine. 6k
I never said anything about the walk over factor I just asked what you think. You can't drive your zed so now you want the latest in tiny gold fad. Simple

Diz.G said:
davent said:
Rubbish!
If you walk over a lump with the 6000 you will find it and at good depth.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6002/1619769880_f21d2c06-df93-4a4d-92f8-ccfe0c0eab32.jpg

I never said anything about the walk over factor I just asked what you think. You can't drive your zed so now you want the latest in tiny gold fad. Simple
Im confused now! Lol.
You asked if it was just a small gold machine, I said no. Now I cant drive a zed? Lol!
I guess what Im getting at, is if people are only reporting small gold finds with the 6K, its probably mainly because they are working old patches that most of the good gold has been found. Dont worry the 6K will find big gold, but it has to be there to be found. Im pretty new on the zed, but Im working it out. Im finding good gold to!

That's what I'm asking dude, would you pay $8000 to buy a machine to run over old patches for tiny dingers, Lot of coin to recover before you earn money if you do it for a life or living.

Thats what Im saying, dont run over patches that have been done to death!
The zed is 1500 more new (mine was 2nd hand) plus I just bought a NF 12 for it.
I dont work flogged patches any more.
I waste a bit of time finding patches but so far, so good.

The 6k is a great machine. Great fot big gold and great for tiny gold, simultaneously. A 6k would have found your nugget easy with the 11 inch mono. GPX 4500/5000 are great machines, love them. The 6k is also a great machine and mineab, historically, know how to charge top dollar.
Try one, you'll love it.

Solid Luck said:
:lol: :lol:
As for the Geo sense.
Well, Geo is my last name and they specifically made it for me.

:lol: I reckon there's a few extra letters in your surname apart from Geo :playful:

Diz.G said:
That's what I'm asking dude, would you pay $8000 to buy a machine to run over old patches for tiny dingers, Lot of coin to recover before you earn money if you do it for a life or living.

Mate, you're totally missing the point of what's going on at present. Any new detector has a learning curve and the best way to figure out the beast is to use it somewhere that you know for certain has produced nuggets in the past. ie. old patches. Actually finding gold there is a bonus, because it shows you what you've previously missed that the new machine can help you find, which might suggest other areas to return to.

If all you find is "little dingers" and that doesn't gladden your heart, you can normally resell a near-new machine for about 95% of what it cost: simples. In the most recent similar case, when the GPZ was first introduced, some early-birds were reselling within the first month after release! The GPX6000 may even offer a bit of a bonus, as present resale value could be 100% or more of RRP, with many dealers apparently wait-listing buyers. Minelab supplied the GPX6000 to Africa/Middle East first, then Australia and I believe USA is still waiting, so these machines could be scarce items for the rest of the year. The smart guys are out there making hay while the sun shines, it's a win/win proposition! :goldnugget: :money:

grubstake said:
the best way to figure out the beast is to use it somewhere that you know for certain has produced nuggets in the past. ie. old patches.
Spot on!
The area I recently took the GPX6 to has seen every detector I've owned over it & many others but still throws up some gold.
I go there with new machines because I know (while it's getting harder) there's a chance of gold while testing/playing around with a new toy. Plus I know what to expect ground wise etc. so can easily see how things are running & are likely to run elsewhere.
That area can throw up the odd hot rock too. After reading that some had been getting a few I was expecting some there but didn't get any. Every rock that signalled had gold in it.
Can't wait to get to some other areas with better potential now! :Y:

Latest posts