Now the twit is afterCarlton

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish he would put his energy into stopping indigenous youth mental health, alcoholism, violence and drug abuse issues. Attempt coming up with something constructive to further his peoples sense of well-being, employment, housing etc.
He is an attention seeker who offers nothing in the way of real help to indigenous people.

:8 Just heard the lyrics to lily of laguna the tune for the club it uses.

Don't really see how it would be relevant to afl anyway ? Maybe some old carlton fans could explain it's significance might help.

But yeah it does transpire racism to me.

I have been educated enough to know any literature with the N word just aint cricket.

Gem in I said:

Don't really see how it would be relevant to afl anyway ? Maybe some old carlton fans could explain it's significance might help.

I have been educated enough to know any literature with the N word just aint cricket.
Yes but your point is ? History is full of bad shite but it's history and should be learnt warts and all but not banned or moderated. If you do so you join the likes of religious zealots and fascists. The fact that this individual needs to troll through history or use Americanisms to take something out of context to be offended speaks volumes about his true motivation which is just attention seeking.

Goldfreak said:
Gem in I said:

Yes but your point is ? History is full of bad shite but it's history and should be learnt warts and all but not banned or moderated. If you do so you join the likes of religious zealots and fascists. The fact that this individual needs to troll through history or use Americanisms to take something out of context to be offended speaks volumes about his true motivation which is just attention seeking.

Yeah it is history that's how i learnt about lyrics to lily of laguna. I know bad stuff has happened and will continue to happen. (Hence name changes and law suits to keep bad history stuff in the past and move forward inclusively).

What i don't get is why carlton runs along with the tune. Is it from the original song i don't know ? And if NOT i don't know that either. Was hoping i could be enlightened from a supporters point of view as to was this from lily of laguna or not and if so what's the story behind that because i don't really want to research that much into it and hope some carlton fans can defend the club or the twit may have won already.

Most football songs the music is taken from other works

Adelaide "The Pride of South Australia" "US Marines' Hymn"
Brisbane Lions "The Pride of Brisbane Town" "La Marseillaise"
Carlton "We are the Navy Blues" "Lily of Laguna"
Collingwood "Good Old Collingwood Forever" "Goodbye, Dolly Gray"
Essendon "See the Bombers Fly Up" "(Keep Your) Sunny Side Up"
Fremantle "Freo Way To Go" "Song of the Volga Boatmen"
Geelong "We Are Geelong" "The Toreador Song"
Gold Coast "We Are the Suns of the Gold Coast Sky"[5] Original
Greater Western Sydney "There's A Big Big Sound"[6] Original
Hawthorn ""The Mighty Fighting Hawks"
(also known as "We're A Happy Team At Hawthorn")" "The Yankee Doodle Boy"
Melbourne "It's a Grand Old Flag" "You're a Grand Old Flag"
North Melbourne "Join in the Chorus" "Wee Deoch an Doris"[7]
Port Adelaide "Power to Win"[8] Original
Richmond "We're from Tiger Land" "Row, Row, Row"
St Kilda "When the Saints Go Marching In" "When the Saints Go Marching In"
Sydney "The Red and the White" "Notre Dame Victory March"
West Coast "We're Flying High" Original
Western Bulldogs "Sons of the West" "Sons of the Sea"

Oh yea na i can see a lot of fans get passionate especialy south of the boarder ones about this.

I'm outa this thread i wouldn't use the theme,VB's on me though fellas :beer:

Gem in I said:
Oh yea na i can see a lot of fans get passionate especialy south of the boarder ones about this.

I'm outa this thread i wouldn't use the theme,VB's on me though fellas :beer:
I would continue to use the theme and give a big middle finger the endlessly outraged or those wanting innocent people to feel shame for no good reason. But I will drink that beer and shout you a back a decent South Australian beer.

Apparently, going by the article changing the Coon cheese name to Cheer isn't enough for him either. He now seems to think that Aboriginal people should have had a say in a new name- WTF? Hypothetically speaking, some racist person could potentially start referring to Aboriginal people in the future as the cheer squad, with a racist nod to its connection to an earlier name, in much the same way as he is complaining about an earlier version of a racist song that was sung to the Carlton football club tune. What then? Campaign to have Cheer cheese changed to some other name again, only to have some racist person come up with another way to reference the products new name yet again at a later date?

Approximately two weeks ago I had a guy come into the shop to pick something up, and his surname was Crapper. Apparently, the slang name for a toilet was taken from the English plumber Thomas Crapper, but until then I had never met anyone with that surname. There will always be someone misusing words and names. I hope the Carlton football club don't budge on this one. This guy may not realize it, but he is turning any hope of reconciliation into an Us vs Them exercise. Education? Health? Housing? Employment? Nope, none of it gets a mention. :N:

Deepseeker said:
Apparently, going by the article changing the Coon cheese name to Cheer isn't enough for him either. He now seems to think that Aboriginal people should have had a say in a new name- WTF? Hypothetically speaking, some racist person could potentially start referring to Aboriginal people in the future as the cheer squad, with a racist nod to its connection to an earlier name, in much the same way as he is complaining about an earlier version of a racist song that was sung to the Carlton football club tune. What then? Campaign to have Cheer cheese changed to some other name again, only to have some racist person come up with another way to reference the products new name yet again at a later date?

Approximately two weeks ago I had a guy come into the shop to pick something up, and his surname was Crapper. Apparently, the slang name for a toilet was taken from the English plumber Thomas Crapper, but until then I had never met anyone with that surname. There will always be someone misusing words and names. I hope the Carlton football club don't budge on this one. This guy may not realize it, but he is turning any hope of reconciliation into an Us vs Them exercise. Education? Health? Housing? Employment? Nope, none of it gets a mention. :N:

He's just a serial pest :rolleyes: best part is the more this bloke carries on people will tire of his BS and ignore him.

there is quite a few crappers at kerang way deepseeker or used to be ,they are cousins of my family ,i can not remember if it was my great grandmother or my great great grandmother was a crapper from kerang

a very well known crapper ,which i don't claim him as one of our own ,is named warrick (changed his surname tooooo........... capper) :lol:

Latest posts