GPX6000... Just A YES Or NO?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Unless you can stick a 25" NF DDX on the end of it, or a Detech 32" and get better depth than a 5000.

Deepseeker said:
No. Unless you can stick a 25" NF DDX on the end of it, or a Detech 32" and get better depth than a 5000.

I'm a massive fan of the GPX/DDX combo but just to let you know that the 6000 with both of its standard coils pinged a test piece at depth that only a gpx/ddx combo and a gpz pinged prior. However the 6000 will also simultaneously hit smaller, shallower gold that the gpx/ddx combo will miss. Also most people wouldnt be able to swing a gpx/ddx combo for any length of time, especially after digging a big hole or two imho.

Whereas the 6000 is light even with the larger 14 coil on. There are other advantages also. Personal choice at the end of the day. But having used both you wouldn't go back to a gpx/ddx combo after using the 6000 I would think. Just my 2c. :Y:

diggit said:
Deepseeker said:

I'm a massive fan of the GPX/DDX combo but just to let you know that the 6000 with both of its standard coils pinged a test piece at depth that only a gpx/ddx combo and a gpz pinged prior. However the 6000 will also simultaneously hit smaller, shallower gold that the gpx/ddx combo will miss. Also most people wouldnt be able to swing a gpx/ddx combo for any length of time, especially after digging a big hole or two imho.

Whereas the 6000 is light even with the larger 14 coil on. There are other advantages also. Personal choice at the end of the day. But having used both you wouldn't go back to a gpx/ddx combo after using the 6000 I would think. Just my 2c. :Y:
Thats really promising :)
Love my 6000 so far!

Still no after spending 50 hours detecting side by side with a mate and his 6000. It's light and idiot proof but I haven't seen it hit anything amazing yet. It's an all round good machine but not worth the price in my opinion.

Latest posts