Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
YOU CAN,T PLEASE WOMEN!

A few years ago , I found a 2 oz nugget. I had it made into a pendant for my wife and she refused to wear it. Her reason was she was afraid to wear it in case someone came up and pulled it off her neck.

What's happened Johnb, I'm sure we will be able to help you through it.
My missus is great, she lets me detect whenever I want, as long as it's not affecting the running of the household. I can't however keep finds on the kitchen table for three days in a row, no matter how beautiful or eye catching the haul may be !(I've learnt that the hard way).
Maybe you could put a longer chain on that mountain of a nugget son and hang it in a beautiful spot, or get it spread over some handles on a good looking cutlery set, or any other of a thousand ideas that would please your missus. Just don't throw it into the back of some draw and forget about it, as this will only make her think you don't care as much as you should(do something with it because you've already offered it to her). My missus says you should wear it and say your missus gave it to you because she understands and appreciates your hobby.
Has anyone else got some great ideas to help Johnb through this ?

Wow I would wear that with pride, there could be a risk of somebody pulling any expensive jewellery off your neck. You only live once and its not much good to you when your gone. Take the risk I say! Lifes too short. :)

Rolex watch cost much more than 2 ounces of gold. She should enjoy wearing it since you found it. :) What a great present.

EVERY THING stuffed up the computer the dish washer and now the camshaft in my rangie they say it happens in threes

I'll take the third then johnb, either my oil pump is buggered or the pick-up is clogged, either way the sump will have to come off. At least this way you don't have to worry about the third thing happening for you !

The only reason that I use TELSTRA was for the CREDIT ME 2U function that enabled me to keep a few phones functioning for the children at no extra cost.

1599804909_screenshot_2020-09-11-16-09-48.jpg

Thanks Telstra for giving me incentive to chose to spend my money with some other company now.... without that incentive I would have just stayed with you for the long haul.

1599805153_screenshot_2020-09-11-16-18-25.jpg

You certainly won't be meeting any of my needs with these changes.
In fact..... it would cost more for the same once these changes come in (once again the only obvious loosers seem to me to be the customers) with Telstra.... Telstra comes first.

Better check my pillow slip for Telstra logo wipe marks.... anything could have happened through the night without me knowing. :eek:

I use an Aldi Account for mobile - Telstra.
$10/year, but they have similar accounts monthly to Amaysim
- a spare connection if we need a different "carrier", that is for Kato in an emergency kept with her kit.

The rest of the house phones all use Amaysim - Optus.
$10/28 days, unlimited calls and 2Gb data.

We had a similar deal to you, but with Optus years ago, then they changed it without notification, we had 5 phones on that plan.
The change nearly cost me $180/month.
Went Amaysim, still Optus network, but costs me $30/28 days for 3x phones, and 2x $10/12 month connections.

2x Cheap emergency phones for the middle kids, dont matter if lost or broken as they are only a $26ea invest including a 12 month connection.

Some of the smaller "carriers" out there are connected to Telstra, but do the deals that Telstra drop, hunt around.

Who cares about Telstra, wait til Elon's network is up and running, Telstra, Optus and the NBN will all be has beens.
People will talk with their money.
RIP Telstra.
RIP Optus.
RIP NBN.
:clap:

I've gone Boost as it's the only provider that uses the entire Telstra Network, not their wholesale one. For those that don't know, wholesale networks are usually in capital cities and larger rural centres, but don't cover all cell towers.

$150 for 12 months, unlimited calls n txt and 80 GB data = $12.50/mth

I also have Optus mobile at home for round town @ $25/mth. I carry both in rural VIC when detecting, I'm still to find an area where Optus works and Telstra doesn't.
So thinking of porting my Optus number to Boost and saving $25.

I use an external antenna, Flip 3 for Boost as my normal camping area is in a mobile black spot. No Optus, but Telstra with the external. I also save putting prepaid credit on my WiFi modem (Telstra) as the Flip 3 can mobile hotspot wifi to my laptop for internet.

The other benefit of the Flip 3 over my previous phone and modem is, the ext antenna only has one output, so before I got the Flip 3 I had phone or internet, not both at the same time.

But, always on the lookout for a better deal. :)

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but; There are currently 3 Networks in Oz - Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.

Other than the 3 main networks (above) all others providers are known as Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO)

All MVNOs buy space on one of these 3 i.e. Belong, Aldi, Boost, Dodo etc etc etc. Some only buy space on the Wholesale network in the main capital cities, others also buy space in bigger regional area i.e. Bendigo, Wollongong etc. I know Aldi works in Maryborough VIC. But the moment you venture away from these areas you have no connection even if you register a signal.

As I mentioned Boost operate on the Telstra network, the big difference is that they operate on the "entire" network. Wherever you get Telstra you get Boost and to my knowledge the only MVNO that does so. Virgin operated on the entire Optus network, (I used to use Virgin) but was largely bought out by Optus. I believe Sir Richard retained 5% and the name, but a few years ago it was absorbed into the Optus brand and discontinued.

Many phones locked to the Telstra Network will work on Boost without needing to be unlocked. (I think Boost have a list of phones that should work) As I mentioned, the Flip 3 (not a smart phone, but internet capable) is the only 4G handset I've found that has an external antenna port. My previous T96 also had one, but it is 3G only and that part of the system is gradually being shut down by all 3 Networks with the introduction of 5G.

I recently escaped VIC before the last border closure. I had 5 weeks on a mates property, no Optus signal of any kind, needed me to get within 5kms of Inglewood to get one. With the Flip 3, no signal anywhere on the 10 acres, but I put up an old bullbar phone antenna on top of a telescopic pole at about 5 M high and fed it into the caravan. I had phone and full 4G internet the whole time. The external antenna made a huge difference.

telstra still owes me $50 from a recharge i couldn't use. stuffed me around a lot. haven't used them for a few years now, they could have made quite a lot from me over that time, oh well their loss...... not to mention what i did that cost them a lot more than $50 :lol: rip me off and it'll cost ya........ finger up.

Good read here.

The first thing to say when comparing Boost Mobile vs ALDImobile is that youre not going to go wrong here, choosing between them. Both of these prepaid plan network resellers (a.k.a. Mobile Virtual Network Operators or MVNOs) have been around for a long time. While that might not mean much to the SIM Only shopper picking up a prepaid plan today, it does mean both have had a chance to hone their product suite.

The result is a range of plans across two phone companies which address the needs of a broad spectrum of users. What that means is, the plan you need could well be in front of you when you look at Boost Mobile and ALDImobiles range. Lets look at how you can separate the plans each have in market, starting with the similarities.

https://whatphone.com.au/compare/boost-mobile-vs-aldi-mobile

Driving me nuts. So central west NSW, we had or have a mouse plague, then along came the floods, all the water which seems to have presumably drowned baby mice breaking the cycle but now gave us a mosquito plague. Ffs we just got over a drought.

Apparently they're saying the mice will be back with a vengeance shortly ffs.

But now it's the bloody mosquitoes so bad can hardly sit outside, and they're huge!! In plague proportions.

I'm moving back to the city if this sh!t doesn't end soon. :( not sure whether to laugh or cry to be honest.

Feel free to have a whinge also, or play your violin for me.

Well I went to a old farmhouse ( well old for around here built in the 20s ) apart from junk the only coins were two 2$and two brown buggers. Who woulda thought.
First world problems I know, sorry.

Latest posts