Scored a bucket lister today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not a huge value money wise, but I've always wanted to find one of those round 50c coins. Nailed it today along with a 1908 six pence and a 9k gold ring.
Unfortunately I cut my hunt short a little, I ran into a crazy woman who was following me around telling me I'm ruining the beach. I asked why and she indicated the sand I was moving (underwater with my hands). What does she think the waves do?! Then I showed her all the rubbish I was collecting, but it wasn't about doing the right thing for her it was about jumping on an imagined moral high ground. I was polite said good day and just moved on as she clearly needed help of the professional kind.
In addition to the goodies below, I recovered about 5kgs of lead. Almost drowning myself with the additional weight!

1616924748_20210328_163342.jpg

Dave79 said:
Nice score mate, seems like the greens never let a lack of education get in the way of an opportunity to protest! You could have got sand in a dolphins eyes you heartless bastard :awful: :eek: :mad:

Imagine if I went along the beach yelling at all those kids digging holes in the beach? I'd be in cuffs in 5 minutes.
But because I have a metal detector in my hand I'm fair game.

Nice find! Only silver 50c I've seen myself is in my mum's random coin collection in one of those old plastic money boxes that's a little combination safe... There's also one of those gilt medallions in celebration of Federation in there too in good nick, doesn't look like it's even been in the ground like the two of my own.
1616928915_capture.jpg

A Crown is at the top of my bucket list myself, failing that I'll take a cartwheel penny...

grubstake said:
That's a great day's work there, mate! :Y:
And don't let the mindless busybodies get to you. You're doing more to clean up the environment by removing all that lead, than they'll ever do in their whole miserable lives.
They all think we're just loading up on dozens of gold rings.
Well I did have a gold ring on this occasion ;)

Latest posts