WA geology is amazing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Specked this lone rock in the Leonora area, nothing nearby matched it.
Amazing formation in this 100mm piece.

1614644231_rock4_li.jpg

1614644231_rock5.jpg

1614644230_rock.jpg

1614644230_rock2.jpg

1614644231_rock3.jpg

What a crazy mix up peter.funny that its an orphan, you would think there would be more around.
Unless its it's not from this world, if its been super heated could explain the weird formations.
Just a thought.
Jim :/ :idea:

That's a beautiful piece of rock you have found there Nightjar. I wish Goldierocks was still on the forum as I'd love to know what he would make of it.

Some of the shapes and coloring are almost evocative of Aboriginal cave art in miniature, while parts of it look like a fossil. Probably the wrong type of rock for either though, so do you think the colors might be iron staining?

Deepseeker said:
That's a beautiful piece of rock you have found there Nightjar. I wish Goldierocks was still on the forum as I'd love to know what he would make of it.

Some of the shapes and coloring are almost evocative of Aboriginal cave art in miniature, while parts of it look like a fossil. Probably the wrong type of rock for either though, so do you think the colors might be iron staining?

Deepseeker, Do agree on all your points but have no idea about iron staining even though there is ironstone present.

Good call Heatho. I'd heard of Jasper but had no idea what it looked like. I did a search and found this picture, I think you may be on the money :Y:

1614726425_jasper.jpg

Is it possible that it has been transported by Aboriginals at some time in the past ?

Volcanic ?

Just saying that if it is not from anywhere in the area......

Not that I would have a clue :/

The jasper Ive picked up tends to be quite smooth to the touch and almost has a soapy feel about it when wet.

Interesting rock though, can see why you picked it up NJ.

Greenhornet_au said:
Is it possible that it has been transported by Aboriginals at some time in the past ?

Volcanic ?

Just saying that if it is not from anywhere in the area......

Not that I would have a clue :/

History goes way back and anything can be found anywhere IMO that does not fit with the 'official narrative'. Sick of the official narrative.

Looks sedimentary with quartz intrusions to me.
A nice rock. The geology is fantastic.
Just imagine the periodic laying down of sediment over the ages, abundance of minerals, and then extreme forces creating cracks and pressurised intrusion of hydrothermal fluid that has cooled as quartz.