A Few Diggings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did some reconaissance on the way home today & saw just a few diggings. They kind of make me think of the mono snow skiing mounds.

Plenty of area for another day rich in history.

1613714265_20210219_093410_copy_1612x1209.jpg

1613714287_20210219_093354_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Huge area & there was a massive amount of gold found according to the history books.

Saw some beautiful creeks/gullies but had to return home. Might have had several days to look around had we not had the lockdown. Next trip will have to be a little bit longer. Will also have to delve into some more history, Should keep me off the streets for a while!

fwdoz said:
Huge area & there was a massive amount of gold found according to the history books.

Saw some beautiful creeks/gullies but had to return home. Might have had several days to look around had we not had the lockdown. Next trip will have to be a little bit longer. Will also have to delve into some more history, Should keep me off the streets for a while!
That was on your way home after hearing of the Lockdown?
Where I live it was an endless stream of 4wds going through town the same day it was announced. A mate in Dunolly sitting out in the main street having a few beers with his mate in just 2 hrs that day counted 40 4wds with vans go through the main street "Broadway". We laughed "rats leaving the sinking boat" :lol:
Good looking area you were in and checked out. Go back. :Y:

We were due to arrive for 6 days when lockdown was announced.

We didnt head up there until lockdown finished, so was only up there for 1 day which was never enough time. Will definitely head back there when we cn.