Big Finds In Creswick?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Within 5Ks of Creswick, 2 nuggets detected, both half the size of a Mans hand and both over 100 OZ,s. No further details as yet but maybe someone on the forum might know more.

I'm thinking this should read 100 grams, as this is one 100 oz nugget - clearly bigger than 2 women's full hands!

1613520985_worlds.largest.gold.nugget.jpg

IMAGE COURTESY: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/17/california.nugget.auction/

Rumors are just that.....got some facts?? Then I am interested!

Got any pictures, accurate information, evidence of reputable sources (not Minelab or the Minelab show) - davent ... :lol: SPOT ON!

A-team said:
I'm thinking this should read 100 grams, as this is one 100 oz nugget - clearly bigger than 2 women's full hands!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...790/1613520985_worlds.largest.gold.nugget.jpg

IMAGE COURTESY: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/17/california.nugget.auction/

Rumors are just that.....got some facts?? Then I am interested!

Got any pictures, accurate information, evidence of reputable sources (not Minelab or the Minelab show) - davent ... :lol: SPOT ON!
The volume of 100 grams of gold is only 1900 cubic centimetres - this is clearly more than that. 30 oz would be a bit under a kilogram (approx 900 gram). Not all that large. This is a 1400 gram nugget, say 45 ounce - easily fits in one hand

1613523676_14_kg_nugget.jpg

Trying to get photos so cant verify actual size of nuggets until I can get more info, personal friends are parents of finder so its genuine. Scales showed a 137 with both nuggets on the, scales couldnt see a decimal point but a couple of numbers followed the 137 maybe it was around 137 ozs or grams as some suggested. Ill try and get a shot but its still a good find.

Leroy said:
Trying to get photos so cant verify actual size of nuggets until I can get more info, personal friends are parents of finder so its genuine. Scales showed a 137 with both nuggets on the, scales couldnt see a decimal point but a couple of numbers followed the 137 maybe it was around 137 ozs or grams as some suggested. Ill try and get a shot but its still a good find.
Yep, just one 30th the size in one case ;)

Leroy said:
Is this it .
1613543241_screenshot_2021-02-17_172525.jpg

Leroy said:
Yes Dam it thats the one I was told about and they were found with a GPX 5000, I cant say what coil but I will try and find out.
Hey Leroy ,
Without sounding weird :argh:
I do like your Ring :D Its a Cracka
I watched some Dude on Utube the other day make a similar one ,
From Silver & a Garnet :perfect:

Latest posts