Adelong, Young area panning

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I have a friend who lives in Young and interested in gold panning. I've done this in other area like Sofala but not in Young / Tumut / Adelong area.

I had a look few posts about Adelong but these are 5+ years ago.

Can anyone share their experience in those areas or recommend any area? My friend is happy to drive up to 2.5 hrs from Young. I have the equipment and can go with him and show him how.

Thanks in advance :)

I dont know the area but I have heard of the town Adelong, so I would check that out first.

As makka mentioned, do as much research online as you both can and you might find you own secret spot that has good gold

Good luck :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:

Look up "Lambing Flats Gold" it will provide you with the history around the Young area and be a good anchor point for possible areas. There are no fossicking areas I know of around Young unless things have changed since I sold the farm in 2005, any gold bearing creeks will almost certainly be on private land.

Anyone Around Grafton NSW Like to show me the rops Got Nobody to go with And i love to Lurn and Give It a Go You Dont Have to take me to were yous find it take me somewere you never been before I just love to seee some gold in my Pan :p

Give Me A Buzz Cheers :pickshovel:

Latest posts