Detector for small gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, what detector should I use for a really small(like few mm) gold? I was using in the past Simplex + Nokta Makro - not so bad.. I finded almost everything 5mm gold in 7cm+-.. not so useful, also the numbers was little weird.

Techo

Time will tell with regards to the 6000
The 7000 is proven on both

I own an SDC and now a few years later wished I had of thought about it a bit more
If I had my time over I would have taken it a few steps further at the start and bought the 7000

Live and learn

SDC2300, small shallow waterproof gold detector.
GPX4500,GPX5000,GPX6000 general purpose gold detectors with easily interchangeable coils, big ones for large deep gold and small ones for smaller, shallower gold.
GPZ7000, rolls royce of gold detectors that does well on small and deep gold with most coils.

Ye, what I saw that GPZ 7000 is definitely best.. 40% deeper search then others. But it price is also "best" :D
Price:US $7,999.00 on ebay: now I'm thinking rly hard.. whether it pays off for me to buy here in Slovakia such Rolls-Royce :money:
We have a huge amount of garbage here.. but maybe when I will use metals/iron discrimination, I can find something others didn't.
I know places where there was finded 1-2 cm nuggets, 15years behind, but there are pieces of batteries everywhere. :|

Is there gold found regularly that you know of in Slovakia? Or is that just a rare find over the last 15yrs? There are collectors that collect ww2 relics (I myself collect trench art liquid fuel lighters and tobacconalia, bakerlight ashtrays, cigarette cases etc) do you have war time relics there? My cousin in Poland's friend is heavily into it. But back to topic is there gold rich areas where you are that are contaminated with rubbish for whatever reason? Let me know if you find any petrol cigarette lighters as I'd buy them from you if right era or unique.

Nirvanadirt said:
Is there gold found regularly that you know of in Slovakia? Or is that just a rare find over the last 15yrs? There are collectors that collect ww2 relics (I myself collect trench art liquid fuel lighters and tobacconalia, bakerlight ashtrays, cigarette cases etc) do you have war time relics there? My cousin in Poland's friend is heavily into it. But back to topic is there gold rich areas where you are that are contaminated with rubbish for whatever reason? Let me know if you find any petrol cigarette lighters as I'd buy them from you if right era or unique.

Oh, there were Kelts, Romans, Huns and Avars, Germans, Russians BUT! It is not allowed here :D ..to look in places with some historical background - with metal detector. I have found some cooper bell in Malinova - it was 15th century German village (it was broken but I finded that piece also). And some coins from Pukanec, when I was panning: and I lost one.. f*** :D I have also some coins what was my grandpa colecting, but don't know what price it have.. he was a partisan fighting vs Hitlers army, I will try to put here some photos. And he is collecting something else from "cigaretes"? My father have 100years old ashtray and cigarette case ..its from silver and I think piece of it is golden.. it have some punc on it (hope it calls punc in eng. :D)

And to the issue ..there is trash everywhere: I hated to go out with that detector what I was having. It is rare to find some gold 5mm+
Prospectors don't post it .. most of the finds :D
When someone put post with nugget it starts new Yukon gold fever :pickshovel:
1612292267_photo_2021-02-02_18-35-06.jpg

1612292294_photo_2021-02-02_19-44-40.jpg

1612292353_photo_2021-02-02_18-35-05_2.jpg

1612292388_photo_2021-02-02_18-35-05.jpg

1612292410_photo_2021-02-02_19-34-16.jpg

If you want something that can find very small gold pieces and has excellent discrimination, then the Gold Kruzer is what you need.

PhaseTech said:
If you want something that can find very small gold pieces and has excellent discrimination, then the Gold Kruzer is what you need.

thx.. looks good and it have high frequenci + not so expensive. Only that sounds are making me worry :D

Wow draco123 that's some sweet finds you've come across there!! :Y:
Would love to see those cigarette products/ accessories if there are any pictures you already have of them.
My grandmothers half sister was a big member in the Warsaw uprising and smuggled a lot of people out of the Warsaw ghetto. So I have a great interest in the ww2 finds. There are great YouTube channels where they find everything from mint condition knives to tanks that they drain of water and have running a few days later!! Fascinating things underground in Europe!!
Are there any areas that you are looking in that have signs of mining or just following geology like the old timers did here in oz in the days after all the easy gold was gone?

Nirvanadirt said:
Wow draco123 that's some sweet finds you've come across there!! :Y:
Would love to see those cigarette products/ accessories if there are any pictures you already have of them.
My grandmothers half sister was a big member in the Warsaw uprising and smuggled a lot of people out of the Warsaw ghetto. So I have a great interest in the ww2 finds. There are great YouTube channels where they find everything from mint condition knives to tanks that they drain of water and have running a few days later!! Fascinating things underground in Europe!!
Are there any areas that you are looking in that have signs of mining or just following geology like the old timers did here in oz in the days after all the easy gold was gone?

I have sended u message ..yes there are a lot of places like that.
Thats only thing good here.. u can find some old things from other cultures, but 1000x shit then 1 rare :gemstone: So it is rly hard.
My father have from Poland some worker book don't know what was it exactly for. Will post u photo
And I have buy in Ukraine German SS book ..but this one is reworked ..changed.
1612363443_photo_2021-02-03_15-41-47.jpg

1612363460_photo_2021-02-03_15-41-48_2.jpg

1612363475_photo_2021-02-03_15-41-49_2.jpg

1612363490_photo_2021-02-03_15-41-49.jpg

We can't go out in our country like can't make a step out of the house ..now they say it will be for 2 more months... retarded. Cops are on all roads. Goverment pay ppl when they sign -they family member died on corona.
Maybe is time for me to start some internet sales :D