Sappire bend?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all, am looking at going out to sapphire bend over the Christmas period. I havent been out there before so any info or tips are greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hey Yabby, you just need a pick, shovel, 1/8 and 1/4 inch sieves, water and some determination. The Fossicking area is signposted on the Right on Riverview Rd, just before the left turn into Sapphire Bend Rd. Usually people out there most weekends having a dig.

Hi yabby,
If you are only going to dig in the fossicking reserve at Sapphire bend all you will need is directions from the information centre in Oberon and your fossicking gear (shovel, pick, buckets, sieves).

If you plan to dig elsewhere in the forest you will need a State Forestry permit to fossick there, see https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=67

There is a dam a km down Ponderora Rd for washing your gravel :)

Great spot yabby, three dams along river view rd. there an old guy called Tex who you are sure to meet, he is full of info. Free camping at black springs rest area, with drinking water over the road. Stay out of my hole please it's the one in the ground :D

Thanks all for your help,it's much appreciated.
If I see you there varts I will stop by to say g'day and dezman I'll stay out of your hole in the ground if you stay out of my hole in the ground. :D

Latest posts