history of gold discovery in Victoria - james fleet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crumpy

daniel
Reaction score
Hi All

looking to see if anyone want to offload a copy of this just hired from the library and am loving it. Yes I am aware of people selling on ebay for $100s I'm hoping to get like a 2001 reprint for half that.

Cheers

They are about ...... softcover reprints occasionally come up for sale, recall one just recently that went for around $60 (may even have been on PA ?).

Have an original hardcover version signed by Flett but that set me back a few dollars .... but then I collect that type of stuff so still considered it a reasonable price.

here's a couple of booksellers that have it advertised at the moment ... originally published as hardcover, a few were reprinted as softcover and there was then a later softcover reprint from memory.

1610098442_0120dddc-e2fb-4647-8e10-2c324aa5ac07_1_201_a.jpg

In reality it's a great historic document of finds but as a tool to put you onto the nuggets you're probably better off just copying sections of interest from the library copy ..... you may also be better off checking to see if copies of his Dunolly or Maryborough books are available .... if that's your area of interest. There's also a great Wedderburn book made up of newspaper reports about the areas gold finds.

Many towns have great Historical societies .... they often have mining history books for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts