6" Jaw Crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Guy's this Jaw Crusher I'v made from scratch is now for sale but due to the net going down pic's will come tomorrow, this unit is perfect for the gold hunter who wants to process ore so give me some time to get pic's and they will come.

Now if people are interested let me know.

Cheers Bryan

Evening Ruddy.

I am probably a tyre kicker but a few things that will help with my decision.

What size will it process?

Price?

Pic of a sample crushing?

Vid of it working.

Petrol/electric?

Where are you located roughly?

Cheers, N.E. :Y:

Hi, how much and will you post or package for a courier pick up would be very helpful even if im not nesesarily a buyer

G'Day Guy's,

Well it has been awhile since I've done any work on this crusher and with my new job of building stuff up at the shed just now while having a shed lager I did have a look. Now at work I have asked about a throw out clutch so if a rock does get stuck and quartz is the prime target for this as early tests say. A throw out clutch is needed so the unit can be stopped at an instant while leaving the engine running. So as every inquiry I've done has proved fruitless I may just just have to make my own.

Now for testing this crusher I am using my shed 10hp old Honda motor which used to be electric start and i have decided to look for a diesel electric start engine as when out in the bush storing petrol where diesel is preferred is the way to go. For moving this crusher around I put on 2 inflatable wheels and mow I do have 4 sets of solid tyres they will go on and I'll make some pads so after moving the wheels can be taken out of action and the pads can put in place where there are holes so some rio bar can put hammered in so the crusher stays in place.

All up I would guess this unit will weight 200 kg's + when this finished and as this is the first one I've made the rocks on my place will get a good work over and I may even keep it for myself and come up with a design to suit the prospector.

I do think a trailer mounted unit with a sluice table could be the go and as I am in the business of making trucks getting a trailer I make can be an easy job of getting it signed off for registration.

Now as far as payment goes well gold can be used or just plain cash but eh as my interest is back in this project yes pic's will come and a video of it working.

Time has been a huge factor in this and as I am getting older making stuff I design has been on my bucket list for ages and as my engineer mate said 5 grams a tonne is gold mine so if I can make unit where a prospector can process ore they find easily then my products will suit.

Cheers Bryan

G'Day Guy's,
Well a clutch on the 10hp engine needs to be put on as if a Quartz rock decides to bog down the crusher like it has before a simple lever can be moved to disengage the drive. I looked on fleabay and asked the guys at work and everything came up blanks.

So after thinking about this for a few days a picture came in my head so onto the drawing board I went, I do have some suitable leather do use in the friction drive and looking my machinery book I found a formula so when I worked it out for the size and spring it could realize 30hp :Y: Brought home some steel stock from work and this weekend I'll be busy on my lathes maching this clutch and the slotting attachment as I do need to key this job and it has be too long sitting so for a few hours work I can have a slotting attachment for my toolroom lathe.

I do need to buy new V-belts as they all got burnt in my trials and belt tensioners will be put on to ensure they will drive the full torque with out slipping. Also the WD40 has been put on the exhaust screws every weekend for the last month as I need to get it off and fabricate up a bend so the exhaust is pointing away from the output.

I also want to talk with my mate at the local foundry to see if he can cast me some magnesium work plates and if so I'll get busy making the pattern.

The wheel barrow inflatable tyres are getting taken off as I do have some hard solid rubber tyres to go on which will be a much better option.

also I'm on thinking about a new design where a 10" crusher is to be designed with replaceable parts as parts will wear in the course of use. Now rather than use a small stationary motor I'll use an old car motor for the drive to give that extra grunt and speed range for different ore.

As summer is coming on my shed batteries are getting a better charge and a couple of hours at night after work will be on the cards and with any welding to be done I'll just take it to work and use that 400 amp mig I use everyday and on talking with my boss about this subject he does seem interested so things are progressing.

Cheers Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts