Vic 4x4 track classification

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good 4x4 track classification app or website?

Something with difficulty level, hazards ect

Not into 4WD but possibly contact a local 4x4 club pretty sure they would have what you're after ... or could recommend what's best.

I just use Mapscape (it costs), used by emergency services but they probably have a more detailed version.

It does me as it has "legitimate" tracks marked but (without getting into the whole 4x4 argument) most 4WD fanatics are looking for a challenge and probably seek out "unofficial" tracks for their kicks.

Thanks teemore :Y:
Im not looking for difficult track, just the opposite.
Im also a bit of a tight wade so didn't what to pay for anything unless totally necessary

Hippy,

There are an infinite number of tracks in Victoria. I've not seen any in the GT that are rated. (not to say some are, I've not seen any) However, places like the High Country many are and rated according to the difficulty. The ratings are on this web page......

https://www.4wdvictoria.org.au/index.php/track-classifications

The ratings are signed at the track, if there is an online map or even if available, I'd email the people at this site. :)

Edit - I just checked all of my Hema maps, ratings are NOT shown.

Thanks condor :Y:

I've found a little bit of information online trawling forums and blogs but I was just hoping there was something all in the one spot so I could pre plan some trips out bush.

Latest posts