Best coil to use on beach

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I have a nox 800 with the standard 11 inch coil but recently purchased a 6 inch coil which one would be the best coil to use on the beach ( only just recently purchased the 6 inch coil yet to use it)

Depends on the conditions . On a beach without to much trash, your standard coil will suffice or an upgrade to a larger coil . In really hi trash beaches , go the 6 inch . I tend to use the larger coil for coverage and listen to the different tones and keeping an eye on the lcd display . With experience you should be able to delineate between the different targets under the coil and choose which to dig first . If your going to do some water hunting the standard coil is great in the surf because its easier to handle in the water . The most important thing is dont second guess the coil , trust in the information its conveying to you :Y:

Hope this helps

Kind regards

On the beach I always go for the biggest coil, you can just cover way more ground. I have used the 11 coil in some extremely trashy areas with excellent results and really haven't come across an area where I thought I'd need a smaller coil. The 17" coil bascally doesn't come off my CTX as it's my goto for the beach and if I start using the Nox more on the beaches then I'll grab the 15"coil.

Heatho said:
On the beach I always go for the biggest coil, you can just cover way more ground. I have used the 11 coil in some extremely trashy areas with excellent results and really haven't come across an area where I thought I'd need a smaller coil. The 17" coil bascally doesn't come off my CTX as it's my goto for the beach and if I start using the Nox more on the beaches then I'll grab the 15"coil.
Yeah you graduate fairly quickly to the big coils on the beach . Bigger is better as they say . How do you go with gold items like rings with the ctx - I noticed that it picks up 9ct rings easier than the purer rings unless their shallow , compared to the Knox which will show most gold items at depth . Could be my settings though .

Never had a problem Dan, got one 10g 18k ring at about 40cm with the CTX, clear and stable TID. Another 7.5g one at about the same depth no probs.

Guarantee the Nox is way better for chains though, that's the CTX's biggest problem I think.

I only use a slightly modified version of the standard beach program on the CTX.

Latest posts