Latest finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted on here so I thought I might post the last month or so of finds. Lots of lead and probably $100 in coins went with this, plus the shopping bags of rubbish :rolleyes:

There's more silver rings than this as well, but my kids keep stealing them - I found one this week with a large yellow stone in it, I'm pretty sure it's just glass but my 5yo thinks it's a diamond :D

If anyone knows much about pocket watches I'm still looking for info on it. I can't find the makers mark it's too far gone.

The 2 rings + earing are 18k, and make up 12 grams of that 16g grams. The rest is mostly 14k and a little 9k

1608434512_finds.jpg

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/VrYp8B0OtrM[/video]

The above video is the pocket watch coming out

Well done Tim. Whether nugget or ring, half an ounce of 22ct is a great day out! :Y:

Yeah, I got pretty excited when I plucked that from the sand.
Chalk up another win to the excal, it must have been 12-14 inches down atleast

golddiggerart said:
That's a nice chunk :D
It's a pity my phone camera is so crap, the big ring has a really nice luster. My wife mentioned the little ring looks like the eternity ring out of a set, and it goes on first so I'm going to head back and see if the other rings are there even though I searched that area really thoroughly

Moneybox said:
You might have to take your fishing gear to find the other one :)

Oh they where both in more than 2m of water in a location with plenty of bities, I just tell myself if one comes along I'll shove my detector down it's gob and post the video to minelab and ask if they would send me a replacement under warranty :D

Perth Tim said:
Moneybox said:
You might have to take your fishing gear to find the other one :)

Oh they where both in more than 2m of water in a location with plenty of bities, I just tell myself if one comes along I'll shove my detector down it's gob and post the video to minelab and ask if they would send me a replacement under warranty :D
Crank the detector up first , before you plunge it into its Gob . Im fairly sure the pulses coming from the coil messes with the lateral lines of fish . Tested this theory on a school of hardy heads that got trapped in a pool at low tide . I cranked up the detector and put it in the pool and the hardy heads couldnt get out of the water fast enough . However you may need something bigger than an excaliber if a six meter bus with teeth sets its sites on ya .

Ah PS no fish were harmed in the experiment ;)

Latest posts