Investigation into Illegal Mining at Sapphire NSW (near Inverell)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like some significant damage they have done adjacent to the creek. Hopefully they get the same treatment as a guy operating near us, illegally logging River Red Gums to cut up and sell as firewood. All equipment including his own car that was there when they busted him, has been confiscated and impounded, and he's looking at a huge fine. Throw the book at them I say, they are just selfish pr1cks.

Is this on the old Seven Oaks property. Maybe the new owners thought nobody would notice.

I think 7 Oaks was for sale in the last 12 months but I can't find any sold information online. Looking at 6 maps there is only a few properties that border Frazers creek that have some sort of dirt access from Rickys Lane. My guess if it wasn't on one of the landholders properties then someone has gone onto one of the other properties that look vacant along Frazers creek. I'd say they have been dobbed in. $1.1m or $220000 is a lot to fork out for being greedy. Tow the line like the rest of us.

Nobody here stated it was on 7 Oaks at all, only it's in the vicinity - same road, creek & general area only. Thanks for clearing up.
Hi all Peter here from 7 Oaks.

Ok here goes Ill try and set the record straight and put to rest the urban myths flying around.

1 Nicole and I still own 7 Oaks

2 Property currently leased to people that have no interest in any form of mining or fossicking. Just enjoying the serenity and running a few cattle.

3 The illegal mining was not on 7 Oaks.

4 Please dont message me or drive up the drive way in relation to fossicking as we have purchased a house in town and have completely closed down the fossicking area. I now work full time for TAFE NSW.

Lone Wolf I find your comment interesting and can only take it that you are talking about 7 Oaks please accept my apology if you are not. We haven't been open now for over 12 months.

It was all the Caravans going in there... Locals were suspicious and saw what they were doing.... Hope they loose Everything...

LW....

Merry Christmas and Have a Happy New Year
Cheers
Peter Black

7 Oaks said:
Hi all Peter here from 7 Oaks.

Ok here goes Ill try and set the record straight and put to rest the urban myths flying around.

1 Nicole and I still own 7 Oaks

2 Property currently leased to people that have no interest in any form of mining or fossicking. Just enjoying the serenity and running a few cattle.

3 The illegal mining was not on 7 Oaks.

4 Please dont message me or drive up the drive way in relation to fossicking as we have purchased a house in town and have completely closed down the fossicking area. I now work full time for TAFE NSW.

Lone Wolf I find your comment interesting and can only take it that you are talking about 7 Oaks please accept my apology if you are not. We haven't been open now for over 12 months.

It was all the Caravans going in there... Locals were suspicious and saw what they were doing.... Hope they loose Everything...

LW....

Merry Christmas and Have a Happy New Year
Cheers
Peter Black

G'day Peter, thanks for clearing that up and setting things straight.

To Peter Black 7 OAKS ,
I never mentioned Your Property AND even if it was on your place, I still wouldn't name it. I know it wasn't your place.. I know You haven't had much to do with your place for quite some time... .. I have actually been to your Property quite a few years ago and had a ball. Found my very first Sapphire there..... Beautiful place... .. Apology accepted.. :Y:

I got My info direct from a mate that owns a property close to yours... He has asked that I do not name him, which I think is a fair call...

And YES I do hope that anyone who mines or Fossicks Illegally get their goodies confiscated ... And they did...

LW...

Latest posts