does anyone here own a gold rat crusher?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justoverthehill

Wandering around looking at rocks
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone here owns a gold rat crusher and if there any good?

My brother in-law and I were talking about getting one along with a blue bowl to see if we can crush up and recover some fine gold.

This one?
https://highbanker.com.au/collectio...t/products/jaw-crusher-off-grid-crazy-crusher
I've got one of them.
I find it easier to finish off after using my dolly pots to get the speccis down to a small enough size, although I haven't got a big dolly pot which would make things easier too.
Puts out a nice consistent end product for panning & can get it down very fine.
I've only used it on speccis I knew had gold in them though. Would be handy for testing small or infrequent samples in the field or at home but if I was wanting to crush larger samples more frequently I'd be looking at powered (depending on what state you're in :eek:).
Pretty happy with it for what I use it for.

mbasko said:
This one?
https://highbanker.com.au/collectio...t/products/jaw-crusher-off-grid-crazy-crusher
I've got one of them.
I find it easier to finish off after using my dolly pots to get the speccis down to a small enough size, although I haven't got a big dolly pot which would make things easier too.
Puts out a nice consistent end product for panning & can get it down very fine.
I've only used it on speccis I knew had gold in them though. Would be handy for testing small or infrequent samples in the field or at home but if I was wanting to crush larger samples more frequently I'd be looking at powered (depending on what state you're in :eek:).
Pretty happy with it for what I use it for.

Yep that's the one. So the idea is basically crushing a few rocks for samples and if we do find a vein that looks good give it a crush and then let the blue bowl do its job to see if its worth crushing more. And since its a lot cheaper then the powered ones we thought we would try it first.

I have one too justoverthehill,
I have a large dolly pot and crush it to about 1" size pieces as a maximum size ,(the only reason for that is the 2" size bits are too hard on my broken shoulder, it's not that the crusher can not handle the 2" bits ) ,
The crusher does a good job as mbasko has stated ,i have had no problems with the crusher ,at home or in the field
I see the one that mbasko has, that the handle set up is 2 piece (bolt together) where mine is a one piece handle ,the 2 piece would be a advantage for transporting to the field , if you would like to do field work
I made a adaptor for the trailer hitch on the car , ( no photo it is at my mates place),it slides in with a flat plate for the crusher to be bolted or clamped to it ,what i found with that set up is that a adjustable leg had to be put under the bracket so it would not bounce with the suspension of the car ,taking most of the inertia from the crusher
All in all i have had no problems with it and happy with the crusher

Latest posts