Gold monster gold.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I happened to come across a gold monster pretty cheap so I thought I would grab it and see how it went. On the second day of acquiring it I found a 2 gram 9ct pendant and a 9.90 gram silver chain in an area I have been over with several detectors in the past. I thought that was pretty good so I was keen to try it out on some natural gold. I shot off last Thursday with my brand new GPZ and the new to me monster. I found a bit of a dig while I was walking about and was sure it would have a couple nuggets left in it, I walked over with the 7 and got two bits, covered it thouroughly in normal with max sensitivity, then my mate chained it with the 5 and we couldnt raise any more pieces. I grabbed the monster and went over it and pinged two more bits, now I was pretty impressed with that!!! I will be carting the little monster around almost everywhere with me from now on, Ill stash it in cruiser and it can live there.
1603412090_49c06f17-49da-435f-9825-b8ab32b98437.jpg

1603412090_898c8d01-77c9-4f6c-b9d7-67a6f6113042.jpg

Nice pick up, both a cheap detector and the finds with it .....
GM, seems to be a love em or loath them type of detector, seem to be on the mark with those that learn to use them properly.
Got a mate trying to get his head around it ..... he finds gold, when we loan him an SDC ;) , trying to convince him to take a couple of lesson ..... sure he'll pick up what I miss.
Cheers T.

Westozadventures said:
I happened to come across a gold monster pretty cheap so I thought I would grab it and see how it went. On the second day of acquiring it I found a 2 gram 9ct pendant and a 9.90 gram silver chain in an area I have been over with several detectors in the past. I thought that was pretty good so I was keen to try it out on some natural gold. I shot off last Thursday with my brand new GPZ and the new to me monster. I found a bit of a dig while I was walking about and was sure it would have a couple nuggets left in it, I walked over with the 7 and got two bits, covered it thouroughly in normal with max sensitivity, then my mate chained it with the 5 and we couldnt raise any more pieces. I grabbed the monster and went over it and pinged two more bits, now I was pretty impressed with that!!! I will be carting the little monster around almost everywhere with me from now on, Ill stash it in cruiser and it can live there.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2090_49c06f17-49da-435f-9825-b8ab32b98437.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2090_898c8d01-77c9-4f6c-b9d7-67a6f6113042.jpg
Good stuff. Tempted to get a Monster now! ...............thinking........nah have a misses one will do! ;)

Latest posts