Spider bite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1602475956_img20201012081435_copy_1200x1600.jpg

Just taken

In a lot of pain :(

Looks like the swelling could be going down slightly when you compare first photo... then latest

1602480050_screenshot_2020-10-12-15-17-24.jpg
1602480078_screenshot_2020-10-12-15-17-42.jpg

Went to emergency room at the hospital today

They have me on antibiotics and painkillers

The doctor said if it had been going inward he would of put me straight into hospital on a antibiotics drip but I am lucky as it is going on the outside

You can see where I have been bitten

The doctor at the hospital told me if know better in two days to go straight back to emergency department

I am doing all the right things

Agree with Reefer. About 30 years ago I got stung by a Bee just under the eye. Within less than an hour I was in hospital emergency getting a large dose of antihistamine and Adrenalin.

Toxin is different, but no less serious.

fwdoz said:
If it was one of those white tip spiders, they are quite painful & swell up.

Hope it goes down quickly for you Goody

I just saw this and was reading the replies and you beat me to it, but it could be a number of others too.

White tail spiders roam all around the place, they will cause necrosis in some cases, but it depends on what bacteria is on their fangs.

Where there is one, there will be many others, either a pro pest controller treating the house or insect bomb the daylights out of each room would be in order.

Put a few up in the roof and under the house as well as that's where they breed.

Redbacks rarely venture inside and live with their web trapping prey, what got you is a "ground spider" class or "roaming spider" which the white tail is in.

Insects are bastards, I had a nasty bite on my calf that didn't heal for about 5 years.

Check your bedding beforehand, lots of mums have told me they found white tails in their kids beds or chest of draws in clothing etc, they just love to roam all over.

BTW when you use an insect bomb, they will kill on contact any insects it comes into contact with, but it will have no residual or lasting effect. What a pest controller will use will have a residual effect, ie if in a few months something crawls over a treated area it will kill them, not instantly, but it will kill them.

Feeling for you goody.... hope the meds kick in and get you some relief.
I copped these two bites on the weekend after I knelt down to dig a target smack on top of a inch ants hole.
Just as I retrieved the treasure ( aka junk ) from the hole, I felt this f&rking electric shock ( aka bite) to my ankle and looked down to see half a dozen inch long monster ants crawling over my boots.
Well, after jumping sky high and whacking them off, I thought, shite that kills and pulled up my trouser leg to have a look, and bam, another bite higher up on my calf.... fark, down with the strides to make sure theres no more of the suckers higher up !!!
Those big bastards pack a punch. :poop:
1602495687_81b066c9-80e1-4477-8f80-3496a3eec634.jpg

1602495687_888996c1-0c0c-4018-a0b0-ccc219801b25.jpg

I think from now on Ill be spraying my boots with surface spray or something...

I feel for anyone that gets bitten from anything

I have been resting my eye as I can not open it up .

I have just got off the phone to the hospital as I got to talk to one of the doctors

He told me to rest it as much as I can and do not stop talking the antibiotics and painkillers

Told me to ring back if I need to

He has given me instructions that I will follow

Sorry for your Pain Goody, I got bitten by a Huntsman and it only left a small mark so what ever tagged you must of been something nasty, Get well soon mate, take care,

J.

Latest posts