New Member in East Gippsland-Best metal detectors for Gippsland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day ,
New member based in East Gippsland but will probably do some exploring from anywhere in Gippsland . I understand soil types determine which type of technology is best for your area, and was wondering what detector type is best suited in Gipsland as I am unsure of the geology in the area and particularly hunting gold. My better half wants me to keep it under a grand if I can, and have noticed I can pick up a Gold Monster 1000 , second hand for under a grand, I was just unsure if I really need something with pulse tech or whether I can get away with VLF.

Thanks in advance-Gippsland Gold :)

VLF is a great way to start and from what I have seen of the GM it's a capable machine. I started with a Whites GMT (VLF)and still use it occasionally, they are more than capable of finding gold and you can occasionally find GMT's at good prices.
Nowdays I use my 2300 mostly, both are good machines.
Cheers
Mick
P.S.check this guys channel out, I think he is in Gippsland. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwoDAcQoBnuiJpPRaLqwo3g

Welcome to the forum I mostly pan for gold but I built my first detector but started as a treasure hunter good luck and have fun :D

Gippsland Gold said:
G'day ,
New member based in East Gippsland but will probably do some exploring from anywhere in Gippsland . I understand soil types determine which type of technology is best for your area, and was wondering what detector type is best suited in Gipsland as I am unsure of the geology in the area and particularly hunting gold. My better half wants me to keep it under a grand if I can, and have noticed I can pick up a Gold Monster 1000 , second hand for under a grand, I was just unsure if I really need something with pulse tech or whether I can get away with VLF.

Thanks in advance-Gippsland Gold :)
Would love to be able to give advice for there but have never set foot.
If your budget limits you though then a Monster under a grand is good and an Xterra 705 with an elliptical coil, should get one about $500 too $600, both good VLFs. Whites GMT too if cheap. Dont pay over the $500 to $600 for any of them second hand except for the Monster. But as far as VLFs go id back all 3.
Last word....Pulse with a Flat wound Coiktek or Nugget Finder coil.... :Y:

Latest posts