Gm1000 aftermarket coils?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know if they make aftermarket coils for the gold monster 1000?

Seen a few on eBay but Im not sure how legit they are

Not that I'm aware of.

The 5" round coil is deadly on small gold so there's no need to look at other coils, learn to use the gear you've got and it will reward you well.

Not that I am aware of, mainly due to the difficulties of dealing with the proprietary chip in the coil for aftermarket manufacturers. There was mention on Detector Prospector that Mars MD were interested in producing some coils, though they gave up when they realised the coil electronics weren't so straight forward.

Alienslayer said:
Anyone know if they make aftermarket coils for the gold monster 1000?
Seen a few on eBay but Im not sure how legit they are
ASlayer, if you seen any on eBay they're most likely either a) legit factory coils (only 2 types available), or b) some kind of fake.
I haven't come across any fakes myself as yet.
Anyway, your best path to follow from now is to practise with the GM, save your coins, & ultimately get yourself (another?) PI machine

DED

as far as I know there are no after-market coils for it, & I havent heard any rumours that Minelab will produce any.
Its a shame really, as a 12" would be nice in open ground, even if its a bit of a loss of sensitivity to tiny/fine gold, it would be deeper & cover more ground

A coil that didnt have the common bump/ touch sensitivity issues that the gm is very well known for would be nice. I personally sent back 2 coils that had the bump / touch sensitivity the third coil I got can be hit or bumped without any noise and seems like a completely different machine and now enjoyable to use. I contacted Mars and they were debating on making a coil for it but I havent heard anything back from them.

Latest posts