You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Swinging & digging
05 October 2020 07:42 pm

Down here in Victoria when stage 4 restrictions ( Melbourne region ) lifted we will see similar stuff to this going on.
Mass promotion via social media and all those Gold shows on TV will have all those displaced by Co vid creating a massive
gold rush. If little regard to following the rules is followed a significant loss of access will occur and we most likely will have
the use of High bankers outlawed like NSW.

yikes sad cry awful devil thumbsdown poop bomb

Last edited by Swinging & digging (05 October 2020 07:43 pm)

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

Squint
15 October 2020 06:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up LW. Last time I was up that way my son and I had a bit of a scratch at the yellow circled area. Talk about stupid, there was substantial diggings into the bottom of the dam wall. Actually ran into Bob and the crew as we were leaving. Hope you're doing well mate.

LoneWolf
16 November 2020 08:07 pm

Im well, well kind of... Sad news that Torrington may close due to the actions of a Few.... That Dam wall is in a very bad way. But now is a 'No Go' area so hopefully it will hold up.....

But I still have access to some 'out of bounds areas' so I really can't complain...

These closures are making things hard for Gemorama and Minerama tho....

Its the local Communities that will suffer.... I spoke with the Emmaville Mining Museum about the closure and they were just as stunned as I was... I feel their days will soon be numbered as well...

LW...

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Union Proud and Union Strong... A.M.W.U Active Member....

Dihusky
17 November 2020 05:24 pm

Sad to hear, I remember all the tunnelling at the base of the dam wall when we were there a few years ago, hard to believe it's still intact.

Local community is going to be hurt by this, but that said I think they need to also police their own, some of the culprits are locals roll from what I have heard.

2 users like this post: LoneWolf, jimnyjerry

mbasko
27 November 2020 08:34 pm

Drone technology used to target illegal fossicking
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … elease.pdf

Looks like Torrington SCA is safe for now but they're getting serious.
First time I've actually seen them put this in writing.
"Prohibited power operated equipment can also be seized by inspectors."
Get's thrown around a lot but this report confirms it.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

LoneWolf
28 November 2020 11:01 pm

Torrington is far from safe from closure...... They just have ramped up 'Surveillance' trying to catch several Repeat Offenders...

Drone use Has been going on for awhile at Torrington now along with Surveillance Cameras placed in there 2 weeks ago...... cool

Rural Crimes Squad are also doing regular patrols in there Now.... clap

Something potentially real bad went down 2 weeks ago and now they realise they are needed out there.... perfect

LW...

Last edited by LoneWolf (28 November 2020 11:09 pm)

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Union Proud and Union Strong... A.M.W.U Active Member....

1 user likes this post: jimnyjerry

mbasko
28 November 2020 11:41 pm

Hopefully they sort it out & it can remain open for those who do the right thing.
A lot don't seem to get the end result of these actions, whether it be illegal fossicking or mining, can affect everyone not just those caught doing it.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

2 users like this post: jimnyjerry, LoneWolf

LoneWolf
30 November 2020 01:09 am

Hows the back Jerry? I was told what happened... wink Very lucky my Friend... Hope you can get out next year for a Fossick... You know where.. smile koala ...

LW.....

jimnyjerry
02 December 2020 06:06 pm

Hi LoneWolf cool

Next Monday will be 6 months since my fall. Ribs are mended I suppose but still give me the odd pain especially in cold weather.
Skull is OK but that might just be my thick skull talking. playful

SHMBO will not let me out fossicking till next year. Probably a good idea since 2020 has turned into such a devil devil devil devil year.

Will catch up next year pickshovel smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

LoneWolf
30 December 2020 03:22 pm

May-be She is right... smile ...

Been too long between digs...

LW....

1 user likes this post: jimnyjerry