Bucketlister

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1601786782_imag10002.jpg

Nice one! I still haven't been game to clean mine with anything other than a toothbrush in case I wreck it. Probably be able to tell a few stories if it could talk.

Dave79 said:
Nice one! I still haven't been game to clean mine with anything other than a toothbrush in case I wreck it. Probably be able to tell a few stories if it could talk.
Same here mate just a brush so far.. I really thought I was gonna snap it when I was unfolding it

It was folded over on itself and I was very hesitant to try and bend it. But I did carefully and we survived it..
But like Eldorado said to me, all I'm game to do, cleaning wise, is a brush brush cheers

I learned the hard way about cleaning them . I dug up a complete one last year with no damage and with some guilding or gold paint still on it. Put it in vinegar for a week or so and it stripped all the colour off it . It is now a strange brown colour. It has been sitting in molassus for 2 or 3 weeks now and that seems to be bringing it back to a darker colour. I will leave it until the end of the month to see what it comes out like. Should never have cleaned it with vinegar. Big regret.

Latest posts