Maths problem to solve while sitting around the campfire?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I know the answer now I think...Not sure if the logic used was fuzzy logic or not

EDITED

I'll withdraw this one as I just realised my initial assumption was wrong.. I'll get back to you later...Hopefully :playful:

So it can't be May or June as I initially thought, I had things backward. These are months with unique dates, eg 18 and 19 so if she told Alex either 18 or 19 he would know her birthday .

So that leaves July and August.

It can't be the 14th as that would mean two dates were possible.

So it must be the 15,16 or 17 of July/August.

John eventually knows the date so it must be July as August has two possible dates but July has just one...

July 16th? :cake:

An addition riddle...

1602400133_20201011_180813.jpg

Each letter represents a number :p

Adding top three lines equals fourth line.

Good luck!

This is a real mind bender BW nice one!

One thing I don't get is with the unique dates 18 and 19 why does it exclude the other dates in the month of May or June?

e.g. if Alex was told the 16th he still wouldn't know whether it was in the month of May or July.

Thought you were writing in Irish there for a minute :lol:

U=1. J=5. Y=9

+991
-
1155 :cool:

Well done Booney, too easy for bright sparks like you. :party:

FYI there are 2 solutions to this puzzle.

It also works for J=6 So either 1,5,9 or 1,6,9 will solve it.

Your shot :Y:

I have to take the rest of the night off, I've got brain sprain already :lol:

blisters said:
One thing I don't get is with the unique dates 18 and 19 why does it exclude the other dates in the month of May or June?
If John had known it was either May or June, then he would have said that Alex may have known the date, because Alex may have been told the 18th or 19th (both of which appear only once).
John knew that Alex didn't know, because he was told either July or August and in each of those months, each other date appears more than once.

Ok , Here is a list of numbers
8 18 11 15 5 4 14 9 19 1 7 17 6 16 - - - - -

What are the 5 missing numbers and in what order should they appear according to the above Patten .

Ok , too tricky ? Last chance , has nothing to do with the color , answer given tonight .

Booney said:
Ok , too tricky ? Last chance , has nothing to do with the color , answer given tonight .

Are you looking for the next 5 numbers in the series?
Are the listed numbers in correct order?

Asking for a friend,! :D

Ok, here's what I got..can work left to right or right to left for the next 5 numbers in the sequence..Booneys numbers are in brackets...not 100% confident on a couple but someone needs to have a crack at it ;)

7 3 13 2 12 (8 18 11 15 5 4 14 9 19 1 7 17 6 16) 10 20 -9 8 18

Latest posts