Maths problem to solve while sitting around the campfire?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok

I bought a gram of gold for $60
I sold the same gram of gold for $70
I then bought the same gram of gold again for $80
I then sold the same gram of golf for $90

How much profit did I make

Cool thats the second thing Ive ever got right no hang On maybe third .
Ok had an interesting problem at the Inglewood caravan park .Was called to the office which was being renovated. The Sparky had left site and the owner was confused.
She had three light in a back room controlled by three separate switches in the front office without being able to look through the door because of a painter how could I tell which switch controlled which light . Being that I could Only go though the door once but was unable to return to the office where the switches were because of painters scaffolding. How do I tell which switch controls which light .?
Lets call them
Switch A. , switch B , and switch C

Dignit said:
StoneTheCrows
You were first in with the correct answer.
109 sausages is correct.
Those sausages are so good. Once you have one its hard to stop. :drooling:
Well done.
Over to you now.
Cheers
P.S Bad luck diggit. You had the right answer too; And from recollection you know how good those sausages are :lol:

As sausages go, they really are top shelf and very, very tasty :drooling: :drooling: . Booney is a talented chap!

Yep ! switch on light A and B wait 5 minutes turn off switch B enter the back room switch A controls the light which is on . Switch B controls the light which is off but warm , switch C controls the light which is off . Well done BigWave . :idea: :idea: :idea:

Booney said:
Yep ! switch on light A and B wait 5 minutes turn off switch B enter the back room switch A controls the light which is on . Switch B controls the light which is off but warm , switch C controls the light which is off . Well done BigWave . :idea: :idea: :idea:

Bloody painters :lol:

BigWave said:
OK RM Outback - it's over to you..........

Cheers Pete :beer: was a pleasure chatting with you earlier this evening.

Over 25 weeks I cart 1 million litres of slurry consisting of 4 trips in 2 days one week and 6 trips in 3 days the following week. Each day equates to 830km total distance each load is 12 tonnes net weight for a net volume of 8000 litres.

What is the specific gravity of the slurry :)

Thanks Rob.

This one's a bit different..........

John and Alex become friends with Jane and they want to know when her birthday is.
Jane gives them both a list of 10 possible dates:

May 15 16 19
June 17 18
July 14 16
August 14 15 17

Jane then privately tells John the month of her birthday, and separately tells Alex the day of her birthday.
John says: I don't know when Jane's birthday is, but I know that Alex doesn't know either".
Alex says: "At first I didn't know when Jane's birthday is, but after you said that, now I know".
John then says: "After you said that, now I also know when Jane's birthday is".

What is Jane's birthday?

If you get the answer correct, you'll be asked to prove it wasn't a guess by providing your logic.

Latest posts