Hi everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm from the Newcastle area and im new to gold prospecting . I want to do some gold detecting/camping somewhere in nsw in a week or so if the weather permits
I have no experience but I got Doug Stones gold atlas of nsw and a minelab gpz7000, but I'm not too sure how far that will get me lol
But I'm keen to try and have no expectations but have a good time and maybe meet some "fellow prospectors " along the way and make new friends
I'm set up for off road/grid camping with solar power, hema hx maps, cb etc so I could get there and stay there with everything staying nice and cool.... I'm guessing that's got to be one of the golden rules of prospecting?
So excited to get out there !

Welcome to the forum Hella1000. :D As a Newbie you sure have a great machine to start your golden quest! :eek: :cool: :Y: Remember that once you have posted 10 times you can then access the members section. :cool: That's where you will find when and where we are having our 'meet-ups' and a whole lot more, so post away...I'm sure you will have lot's of questions for which you're seeking answers to, so don't be shy and there is no such thing on here as a 'silly question'.There are a plethora of experts on the nuances of the 7000...I am not one of them :lol: You will find some of my poems though in the Poetry Section ;) and like many...I have the occasional rant as well! :lol: :playful: regards...Rossco...aka reefer.

Cheers for the advice and welcome guys
I'm so happy to be finally living a dream of mine and really appreciate all the help and info that has been shared
Thank you

Welcome to the forum started when I was 12 but don't limit yourself to just detecting river and creek panning is just as rewarding and exciting

G'day Hella1000 welcome to PA, great detector and set up :perfect: all the best when you get a chance to get amongst it :beer:

Latest posts