You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Moneybox
24 September 2020 11:05 am

CreviceSucker wrote:
BigWave wrote:

I like the 50mm ball, as if my van ever needs to be towed by another vehicle, it is the most available.
I have however substituted the original hitch with a fully articulated one to handle the roughest terrain.
With a reversing camera on my Jeep, I can hitch it easily first time.

you have something like these ?

i never used one but there are so many products coming on the market now we have a luxury of choice.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … l_type.jpg

I like the look of these couplings.

Phil, Sandra & Taz - GPX4500's, SDC2300's, White's Goldmaster GMT, Equinox 800, pans, sieves and more in a 4WD motorhome.

1 user likes this post: nucopia

Dignit
24 September 2020 07:36 pm

Phil & Sandra
Another awesome adventure ........ not the sort of adventure you want, but you both continue to amaze me with how cool you are in a time of difficulty. Phil, you sure are mister fix it. Sandra, you’re always happy with a lovely laugh, no matter the situation. Great to see. Good on you both.
Cheers Andy

GPX 5000, pick, Jeep Cherokee, Jayco Swift and gold fever

4 users like this post: Rockhunter62, nucopia, HoudiniHarry, Moneybox

CreviceSucker
Banned
Banned
25 September 2020 12:15 am

Moneybox wrote:
CreviceSucker wrote:
BigWave wrote:

I like the 50mm ball, as if my van ever needs to be towed by another vehicle, it is the most available.
I have however substituted the original hitch with a fully articulated one to handle the roughest terrain.
With a reversing camera on my Jeep, I can hitch it easily first time.

you have something like these ?

i never used one but there are so many products coming on the market now we have a luxury of choice.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … l_type.jpg

I like the look of these couplings.

There might be 5 or more options these days of hitches with a high rotation / low friction design but i couldnt buy one sight unseen.

I would have to go into a shop and sight each one , pick it up and try to pick design faults then evaluate which is the best one.

I am even reluctant to trust "reviews" by 4WD magazines these days after being let down by the newest / best thing that turned out to be crepe.

did any of you lot find comparisons for all these hitches ?