SDC2300 Battery

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys
This may be a very stupid question i just bought a SDC2300 with the new battery pack and just like to know if you store the battery in the machine or keep it separate read the manual but cant find anything thanks for any advice

Always best too separate reguardless.
You may find some of the battery packs might need a thin shim on the outer end to make a better contact.
A bit of 2mm single sided adhesive tape etc.
I bought 2 extras, and one is not making contact to start up without the shim.
Mark your batteries with permanent marker, eg (A) and (B) etc.
I'm actually unsure if the an be over charged, as the light just starts too flash when fully charged.

Good stuff! Swinging a weapon. Definitely buy a woody leg set up phase tech hey

The correct way to store a Li Ion battery is in a charged state, ideally at 40 percent. This prevents the battery from dropping below 2.50V/cell, triggering sleep mode. Discard Li-ion if kept below 2.00/V/cell for more than a week. Also discard if the voltage does not recover normally after storage.

Also if they still supply that alligator clip 12V charge cable and you want a cig lighter one, JayCar sell em for $6

Doesn't matter what the device, if not used for extended periods, remove. Applies to all battery types.

Alkaline, "normal AA AAA C D etc, Li-oN. Some devices even when off can "bleed" a little power and flatten the battery. Also left long term some batteries can leak acid and stuff the device.

I am doubtful I will get to use my caravan for at least 6 months - I have removed the 9 V smoke detector battery, TV & SAT remote batteries, water level gauge battery, clocks etc. Some of those batteries will need replacing next use, so I throw the old ones away, Li-oN ones I store in bank coin bags to prevent shorts etc. Forgot to mention the fridge temp gauges lol.

However the main AGM is on constant charge form 240 VAC, or should I say Float Storage mode.

I'm not using my digital camera or movie cam much at the present time, but I never leave the Ni Cd's in them. Same with all my detector batteries, but every 6-8 weeks I check them and recharge if needed.

This may not be related to this question and have posted it elsewhere at an earlier date, but it is handy to know.
Since 1995 have had a bush camp and the usual generator and lighting need batteries.
A battery recycle dump was near home and when ever we needed a battery/batteries we would get them for $5.00ea.
Took a multimeter with us and picked the best two, usually ZZ70's.
We would give them a good shake, then empty the electrolyte and then skim the clear liquid off the sediment and return it to the batteries and top them up.
Occasionally when we put them on a charger they wouldn't accept a charge.
We connected fully charged battery in parallel and "jump started" the charger, after about 5 minutes we disconnected the fully charged and left the recycled battery charging overnight or until fully charged.
We've had revived batteries last up to another 5 years for the grand total of $5.00ea.

You can often buy good second hand batteries from the car wrecker . I got one for $70 one year old C.C.A 660 amps . It is in my MWB Landcruiser 4 cly . diesel .

Latest posts