The First Drilling Contractor in Oz to be Certified Carbon Neutral

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good article but misleading to anyone not from the industry. Unfortunately the power required to run drawworks, pumps and a koomey system is just a tad beyond the capability of solar. So what does that leave on a rig to power.. lights, data acquisition PCs, satellite systems, camps, coffee and ice-cream machines yes no problem, but this has been in place for years!

One BIG point is well control, you need reliable ready to rock n' roll power so from a safety and environmental perspective I wouldnt be relying on anything known to man today other than the ever ready combustion engine, and this alone is the very reason majority of companies reversed their decision to use electric well cementing systems

As far as everything else is concerned around a rig, any drilling company that doesn't meet ISO 9001 & in particular 14001 standards is nothing more than a cheap ass charlie outfit trying to crack the market

I bet my bottom dollar they're not equiped to utilise recyclable drilling mud... thats been around for years too

As Donald Trump would say... fake news!

BigL said:
I bet my bottom dollar they dont utilise recyclable drilling mud... thats been around for years too
As Donald Trump would say... fake news!

Drilling mud? These blokes undertake Reverse Circulation and Air Core drilling - are you sure you actually know what you're talking about?

30kw... that wouldnt even run 2 centrifugal pumps, 1kw = 0.7hp

On a simple 2 stander rig, you got collectively over 2500hp on tap and thats without headroom!

Grubsnake, no I'm an idiot so can you please explain if I shut a 2000mTVD well in when I was 100m off bottom, the SIDP was 250psi, MW 1.2SG, whats required to kill the well and safely POOH?

Interesting read,

Rig looks like a sanvick or udr,
180 ltrs over 24 hr shift , depending on depth,

The 2 stroke Detroit desiel compressor will burn 1000 ltrs a shift ,
More if running a booster,
Our rigs punch out 1500 ltrs a shift ? 3000 per 24 but we run big air,

20 years plus as a driller , Im calling bullshit

Latest posts