need some help please - Teetulpa / Waukaringa area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, I am new to this forum, I live in South Australia and I am planing a trip out to Teetulpa/Waukaringa area I have contacted Mt Victor and Teetulpa Station Managers asnd ask about fossicking on their land but was told they do not allow it, does anyone know if there are spots out that wehere I can camp/fossick?

Welcome Julz29,

I'm not from SA so can't help you with locations, but I believe there was a thread on Teetulpa on the forum recently.
Just click on the search icon at the very top of the page and put Teetulpa in the search box and see what it comes up with for you. There may be several threads over the years on the subject that may be helpful.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Megsy

Take out an exploration liscence if you have enough money then just inform them when you are coming on site (I think that's how most of us wish it worked lol) :D

Re Teetulpa Station - I have been on the station on 3 occasions for bow hunting goat. The archery club I belonged to had a connection, which allowed us on it at certain times of the year and use of shearers facilities. (It was owned by city dwellers). The one thing I do know is that the area of the station we were allowed, was not to my knowledge, gold bearing.

In the gold bearing areas that I have seen on maps, it is all either private land or pastoral lease and from what I can see not actually on Teetulpa Station land.

Unfortunately, given the VIC lock down and W.A. restrictions, your best, if not only "fossicking" opportunities in S.A. are Mt Crawford (fee req'd), Chapel Hill and Jupiter Creek.

Unless you get access to private property. :)

As an aside, I've just finished 2 weeks quarantine from a 5 week trip to the VIC GT, I high tailed it over the border while I could. I don't see that border opening much before Xmas if not next year. So, I can't see returning till at least April 2021, assuming I can, lol.

I bought an annual permit for Mt Crawford and in a few weeks will likely take the van there for a week. Not my ideal detecting trip, but better than nothing. At least I'll get to do some coil testing. Permit is $50 P.A. or $30 concession and gives you the gate code via email to drive in. (code changes monthly) Daily permits are $5 (I think), no code, so a fair amount of walking. The permit goes for 12 mths from date of purchase. :)

Chapel and Jupiter are free - There is a huge power line running through Chapel, which means DD in cancel. Jupiter is very overgrown and requires some walking to get to detecting areas. Both are relatively small in area.

Latest posts