What do the new restrictions mean to prospecting in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bob said:
Mackka said:
I dont understand why anyone in Vic wants to go anywhere and POSSIBLY jeopardise the lives and safety of thousands of others? What is it with you morons?
Stay Home Stay Safe
In the future you will be able to fossick in 2023.
Mackka
Normally I wouldn't bother responding to such comments but I don't think your post is fair at all. Your comment is basically calling all the contributors of this post morons because they are discussing the current restrictions in place in this state. Your opening statement says it all. You don't understand. Clearly.

I think Makka made a pretty broad statement, it wasnt personal, and I do think, fact for fact, his advice was pretty good.

Plenty of people caught facing circumstances not of their choosing as a result of poor decisions made by others.

I suspect it was a combination of cheek and frustration which is understandable.

Mackka said:
I dont understand why anyone in Vic wants to go anywhere and POSSIBLY jeopardise the lives and safety of thousands of others? What is it with you morons?
Stay Home Stay Safe
In the future you will be able to fossick in 2023.
Mackka

Sorry, but I couldn't resist this little comeback.

Where were the maroons from, who flew to Melbourne and took the virus back to Queensland? Rumour also has it that they went to Vic to do a bit of light-fingered shopping, what does that say?!!

Stay at home and don't travel unless you have to. Don't go looking for possible ways to get around the constraints that are in place in different locations. Life should not be "normal" at this time, so suck it up and lets hit this thing on the head.

Rob P.

You are 100% correct Bob and i apologize for the use of the word moron.
Mackka

Pablo P yes we here in Brissie are only too aware of where these three came from and unfortunately they caught the virus in Melbourne and brought it back with them. we also have 3 others that will be in court later for lying on their declarations.
All I was trying to say was, don't travel unless necessary and Stay Safe. All of Australia is relying on Vic and NSW to do the right thing so this pandemic will leave in the shortest period of time so we can all get back to some form of normality, whatever that is going to look like.
Kind Regards
Mackka

Thanks for the polite reply RM. I am happy to provide input. It might be important to point out that it was not my intention to tell people what to do. With regard to level three restrictions I think members need to do their own research. My intention was to point them in the right direction. i.e. the government website, not Facebook. not the channel nine news.These institutions don't make the rules. If anyone personally does not understand the rules then they should stay at home. I won't argue the point about Whroo but if I decide to go I won't simply jump in the car and head off believing that I am allowed to go. I have had the experience of the road block and being pulled over already. If they are not busy then you can expect to be closely scrutineered as to what your intentions are. When I was stopped three weeks ago the police officer was under the impression that the stage three lockdown for Mitchell Shire involved only leaving home for exercise. I had printed off the current rules from the government website. I also had sufficient evidence to support what I was doing was within the regulations. The officer politely asked if she could have the papers for a moment. She read them a couple of times and thanked me for the info update as she was not aware of the change. She was following the Stage 3 implemented back in March which only allowed exercise not recreation. The officer congratulated me on being so well informed. I was not try to con anybody, I was not looking for a loophole I was just following the rules. I am a rule follower from way back, up to date fishing license , driver's license rego everything by the book. Detecting the same. Miner's right up to date, always fill holes, take home rubbish (mine and others). I won't tell you what to do but me I'll be following the rules. If I am told to stay home I will. If I am allowed to go I will.

Cheers Bob

1596530603_116154458_1053592751709946_8146935970698540766_n.jpg

Thanks , 7.62 Marksman. I was just reading the DHHS website and it is not as good as the one you put up.

1596532331_car.jpg

1596532370_planes.jpg

7.62marksman said:

Well to me that reads as Melina Bath's interpretation :| she's obviously not upto speed with the fact. The balance of regional Victoria is joining Mitchell Shire in stage 3 restrictions which Mitchell Shire has been in since the 8th of July with Metropolitan Melbourne. Read her comment on Stay At Home Except For, point 4 Exercise- (Melina's words) "but NOT to leave or enter restricted Metro Melbourne and Mitchell Shire"

Mitchell Shire is NOT going to stage 4 restrictions ONLY Metropolitan Melbourne is.

RM Outback said:
7.62marksman said:

Well to me that reads as Melina Bath's interpretation :| she's obviously not upto speed with the fact. The balance of regional Victoria is joining Mitchell Shire in stage 3 restrictions which Mitchell Shire has been in since the 8th of July with Metropolitan Melbourne. Read her comment on Stay At Home Except For, point 4 Exercise- (Melina's words) "but NOT to leave or enter restricted Metro Melbourne and Mitchell Shire"

Mitchell Shire is NOT going to stage 4 restrictions ONLY Metropolitan Melbourne is.

I found nothing that looks remotely like this ( edit ; what you can and can`t do ,according to her ),even on the DHHS website. Do you have a link to the current interpretations or everything she has put on that sheet , RM Outback ? So confusing with all the different sources telling us yes/no/maybe. But as far as i can see, we can prospect if we wish if living in regional victoria.

just starting said:
RM Outback said:
7.62marksman said:

I found nothing that looks remotely like this ( edit ; what you can and can`t do ,according to her ),even on the DHHS website. Do you have a link to the current interpretations or everything she has put on that sheet , RM Outback ? So confusing with all the different sources telling us yes/no/maybe. But as far as i can see, we can prospect if we wish if living in regional victoria.

I'm not saying prospecting isn't allowed, it is :Y:

I was making the point the balance of regional Victoria is joining Mitchell Shire in stage 3 restrictions. Mitchell Shire is regional Victoria.

I realise that RM outback. Just trying to find the right links. I didn`t realise mitchell was regional. Hard to keep up with all the info.

That is dated 10th of July, Deepseeker. They aren`t always up to date on their website. I have been waiting for an email reply from them regarding another matter for over 3 months and keep getting handballed to the next bloke up the chain who responds with an incomplete answer and then i hear nothing.

https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-...nd-stage-3-restrictions-for-regional-victoria

Stage 4 restrictions for Melbourne and Stage 3 restrictions for regional Victoria

Announcement made 3pm, Sunday 2 August 2020

The Victorian Government has announced a number of changes to restrictions for Melbourne and regional Victoria.

Regional Victoria including Mitchell Shire will move to Stage 3 restrictions

This means you must stay home except for the following four reasons:

For food and essential supplies
For study or work
For care and healthcare
And for exercise or outdoor recreation

When outside your home, you must wear a face covering.

No visitors are allowed at your home, and you are only allowed to gather with one person from outside your household in public.

Good luck to those in stage 3 restricted areas ..... just don't get pinged for travelling too far.

Pretty sure the good people of Ballarat / Bendigo will welcome you with open arms coming from an area with more infections (Colac/Geelong for example) than they have.

I'll just suck it up for what's left of the 6 weeks ..... with my luck we'll be free but regional areas will be locked down :(

Cheers T.

1596598575_45f1a4e3-0fd3-4f7e-9251-9731edffe7cb_1_201_a.jpg

1596603811_e8d5faf2-aa9c-4402-84cd-04725c3fa22e.jpg

I think everyone should Just stay at home there is always someone who will push the regulations to far and jeopardises it for everybody . I recon everyone knows a few who are not doing the right thing thats a lot of people I dont want to bump into . :(

Thanks for being a bearer of good news , Leroy !!!! Yeah , i hope they don`t lock us out. Wouldn`t mind walking up the road to throw the sluice in the creek or do some panning.

Latest posts