What do the new restrictions mean to prospecting in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But in the recent stage 3 for Melbourne they were allowed to surf, play golf, fish, etc. I would assume that for stage 3 for regional communities we would also be allowed the same privileges? Or have they outlined this as a no-go somewhere?

From PMAV wear a mask when chatting!! And they are not sure about the 5 ks
Distance, getting more confused all the time. And I quote, we will keep you advised ??

Stage 3 lockdowns were different this second time round. You were allowed to leave your house for exercise that also included recreational activities. Looking through the rules covering exercise they also included actvities like golf, fishing, horse riding, kayaking. These activities were not allowed first time round. Detecting was not specifically mentioned but they can't list every single hobby or activity. This time round you were allowed to do these activities with one other person as long as personal distancing was maintained. You were expected to stay with in your local government area or shire. Obviously most people do not read past the basic statements of rules. There is more to the stage restrictions than "there are only four reasons to leave your house." If there is a spot with in your local government area that allows detecting, then under the stage three restrictions recently imposed on Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell shire you can go detecting. Those of you shouting out no,no,no stay at home haven't read all the way through the rules. Think about it though. Just because you are in an area where there is no virus and there are heaps of postcodes that haven't had a single case it's no excuse to ignore the warnings. If you can go detecting it would make sense to go alone. If someone is going with you that does not live with you make them take their own car. No stops on the way. You don't need to panic about this just remember to follow the rules and keep your distance. If you are unwell and display symptoms get tested and stay at home. If you follow the health advice and avoid close contact you will be safe. We are in this position because people haven't been following the simple advice. Everyone has read of all the stories of party going, working while sick, gathering and talking in the street 1.5 centimetres apart not 1.5metres. I will do some more research but I think you can still go as long as you stay local with in your shire or local government area.

Cheers Bob

Going to be hard on you Victorians but If you can stay put and meet as few people as possible do it.

HoudiniHarry said:
With the new restrictions coming into effect in Victoria, what will it mean for prospecting?
Are we allowed or is it a no go?

Cheers

hh

No go HH .

Only 4 reasons to leave your house . For work ,shopping for food ( nothing else ,as i read it ) , care giving or medical purposes. They don`t mention anything about exercise or physical activities ,but by simply giving only 4 options to leave home ,then that pretty much covers no going into the bush. This whole virus thing is getting very looooooooooooonnnnnggggggggggggggggggg in the tooth. But we are still alive to tell the tale and we should try to keep it that way by putting up with the ever changing rules to try and get out of this mess.

HoudiniHarry said:
With the new restrictions coming into effect in Victoria, what will it mean for prospecting?
Are we allowed or is it a no go?

Cheers

hh

We need a ruling - exercise or outdoor recreation

1596417904_annotation_2020-08-03_112347.jpg

Hi Harry I hope you are still following this thread because I said that I would do some more research but you might like to do some of your own. It would be a good idea rather than just go on the advice of someone else. All those saying no,no,no stay at home might like to do the same . Google Coronavirus Victoria. Scroll down past all the media hype particularly chanel 7 and 9.They are not a good source of information. Near the bottom of the page you will find a site Coronavirus (Covid 19) restrictions Victoria. VICTORIAN government 18 hours ago ...... Open this site and read the lot. This is an official government website. It is what everyone should be reading to find out what they are allowed to do. It says quite a lot about restrictions for Metropolitan Melbourne but further down the page it mentions regional Victoria and I quote.........
"Regional Victoria will return to stage three restrictions you must stay at home except for
Food and essential supplies.
Study and work.
Care and healthcare.
Exercise and outdoor recreation.
When outside you must wear a face mask. No visitors are allowed in your house and you are only allowed to gather with one other person outside your house in public."
When you open this site there is red band at the top. This is a link to more detailed explanations of the restrictions. It would appear that Mitchell Shire residents are on stage three but outdoor recreation is not allowed which would mean no golf, no fishing, no detecting. So Harry if you live in Bendigo or The Goldfields Shire you can go detecting but I think that the understanding is you need to stay local.
When you do your research it's important to, read the whole document, follow important links and note the date of the information. If you printed off the first batch of stage three restrictions enforced earlier in the year as your guide to the current situation then you're misinformed. If you're basing your decision on media e.g. Channel 7 etc. you're probably not getting the full picture either. To answer your question "Are we allowed to go or not? It depends on where you live and where you want to go. If you live in Metropolitan Melbourne then the answer is definitely "no." If you live in regional Victoria the answer is "yes". But don't take my word for it or anybody else on this thread. Google Coronavirus Victoria and follow my lead. Read and research...............

Good luck in your quest
Cheers Bob

Latest posts