Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes much more sense marketing wise. Release a month or so before Christmas and build up hype prior. Easy sales! Particularly after a difficult year....

Eski said:
Makes much more sense marketing wise. Release a month or so before Christmas and build up hype prior. Easy sales! Particularly after a difficult year....

Would make good business sense. If i was minelab i would not want to miss that opportunity, unless there was a last minute snag holding up stock availability.

If its right, and weighs 6-7 pounds, like a zed, and costs $8K, and takes aftermarket coils, imagine buying a gpx that weighs a zed, + 2 after market coils, say it now costs a bit over 9k, why wouldnt you just buy a zed?
Must have some interesting features....

davent said:
This interesting. Found this blog that states gpx 6000 weighs 6-7 pounds

https://detecthistory.com/news/minelab-gpx-6000-new-2021-minelab-metal-detector/

Dunno about that guys credibility. Doesnt name sources of the information. Having the details he did and no further details at all makes me a bit wary. If you know the weight and coil cable specifics you would surely have more info than that? Thats "i've seen it" information that he stated, or at the least talked to an insider details.

Im totally out if its 7 pounds
. Dunno what he was meaning by the coil cables not playing ball with the shaft design. What does that even mean? I can imagine the coils have different performances between different machines, but different shafts???

grubstake said:
hippyhunter said:
First release of photos are on 19/10/2020 along with the manuals and lots of other related infos. I bet 19/10/2020 is the release date.???

Bad news, I'm afraid - all of those October dates have now been put back to 18-Dec 2020.

https://fccid.io/Z4C-0039

Bugger grubstake,time to update the 45,also waiting on NF coils for the 7
Hopefully santas got it sorted...... ? :cool:

Latest posts