Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OldGT said:
Ded Driver said:
I reckon it was about a year between the Vanquish rumours/stories/teasers & when it was finally released here in AU.

Yeah they delayed it, same thing happened with the Nox.

I did ask Dave from Miners den on his live stream about it but he wasnt giving anything away, imho he didnt seem any more informed than the general public, that is to say I dont think he was holding anything back in his response.

Im a betting man, $5 says we will have a release date confirmed with 8 months, just going by my observations with the SDC, GPZ, and Nox, I mean they released a timeline so its definitely coming, but Covid has probably put a spoke in the rim as it has with everything else.
This timeframe was released in june, well after covid lockdowns were reality. It was given as reference for investors of the company so they cant be too innacurate with it at risk of being deceitful to investors

davent said:
Im not expecting any news anytime soon.
Not a great time to release a new product.
I reckon they would play with it some more and release it with some solid testing.
Its 6 of one half a dozen of the other on wether its a good time to release it. There are a heck of a lot of people with lazy $10k superannuation withdrawals sitting under the pillow at the moment. Also lots of bored people = lots of time to research upcoming products that may be of interest. Also buying online is becoming the new normal for people in lockdown areas now. So many outlets being closed is not so much a problem. I reckon there would be plenty sitting stuck at home that would order one, to have a fiddle while they wait for their first opportunity to get out to break it in :)

It's been lodged for compliance testing with the FCC (USA).
https://fccid.io/Z4C-0039
There are 2 x User Manuals to be kept confidential for now but the release date for them is 19/10/2020. This could indicate it will be available around then? Or not :lol:
1597395844_minelab-gpx-6000-metal-detector.thumb.jpg.d401c06970d4f93de9273ee12e8bdde0.jpg

Slide in battery (maybe similar to Eureka/Sovereign battery pack??), control box & screen similar to CTX/GPZ, appears to have coil cable around shaft indicating existing coils will be ok (no cable mods required).

@dave: hahah :lol:

I wonder if the screen/control box/battery setup = water resistance rating? I think maybee not based on the common coil plugs?

First possible problem i can see is when you place the detector on the ground it is sitting on the battery. (Could lead to battery connection issues.) Looks like a canvas cover with legs is going to be a handy accessory.
Also the guy seems to have no headphones in the diagram, so inbuilt speaker and/or wireless audio possible based on this pic

mbasko said:
It's been lodged for compliance testing with the FCC (USA).
https://fccid.io/Z4C-0039
There are 2 x User Manuals to be kept confidential for now but the release date for them is 19/10/2020. This could indicate it will be available around then? Or not :lol:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...humb.jpg.d401c06970d4f93de9273ee12e8bdde0.jpg
Slide in battery (maybe similar to Eureka/Sovereign battery pack??), control box & screen similar to CTX/GPZ, appears to have coil cable around shaft indicating existing coils will be ok (no cable mods required).

First release of photos are on 19/10/2020 along with the manuals and lots of other related infos. I bet 19/10/2020 is the release date.???

They started FCC compliance testing in May 2020. I'd assume field testing was over by then & it was at production stage then awaiting the various approvals, compliance testing/certification & production tooling.
It's passed the FCC compliance/sign off 6th of this month so October release wouldn't surprise if production goes well.
Also definitely has a user screen - FCC test reports shows serial numbers of the detector for main body (control box), user interface (screen), battery & coil used in testing.

They should get tommy hamlett (the weekend prospector) to endorse it. Would be a cracker having his photo on the box with a captionised opinion. (Like they did with steve herbershach on sdc 2300)
:p

mbasko said:
They started FCC compliance testing in May 2020. I'd assume field testing was over by then & it was at production stage then awaiting the various approvals, compliance testing/certification & production tooling.
It's passed the FCC compliance/sign off 6th of this month so October release wouldn't surprise if production goes well.
Also definitely has a user screen - FCC test reports shows serial numbers of the detector for main body (control box), user interface (screen), battery & coil used in testing.

That is an interesting point. I wonder what country production is in? What country is the gpz produced in?

mbasko said:
rockdev said:

They have 5 products in development for release FY21.
I guess those trademarks could be for 4 of them?

GPX6000 - pretty self explanatory
Guesses:
MF5 - Multi Frequency 5? CTX upgrade?
Geosense PI - Ground Penetrating Radar + PI?
Silversaver Series - low single frequencies (<4khz) & lower multi frequency series aimed specifically at silver/hord hunters?

Silversaver is a for the restaurant and hospitality industry

sorry for the triple post

Just had a look at some test results of the 6000

The battery is 7.2V / 5833mAh, Li-ion double the capacity of the gold monster battery and cannot be charged while in the machine so assuming it is the same as the gold monster battery compartment. has USB input and Bluetooth

hippyhunter said:
mbasko said:

That is an interesting point. I wonder what country production is in? What country is the gpz produced in?
Most likely Malaysia
Minelab said:
Manufacturing

Manufacturing of Minelab metal detectors is a world wide effort coordinated by our parent company,Codan Limited. Our sister companies supplyPrinted Circuit Boards(PCBs) and Electronic assemblies for our metal detectors, with final assembly, testing and coil manufacture carried out at theCodangroup manufacturing site in Adelaide, South Australia.

Codan Limited also has a partnership with the US basedPlexus Corporationfor manufacturing some Minelab products in the Plexus facility in Malaysia.

Plexus are manufacturers of many high quality products for various industries, including:

Motorola
General Electric
Honeywell
LeCroy
Juniper Networks
Siemens
Oxford Instruments

Minelab metal detectors are yet another sign of the global market we live in, designed in Australia, some made in Australia, and some madein Malaysia by an American owned company,from parts sourced from all over the world! One thing that remains constant, is that Minelab products are always designed and manufactured to world class standards.

Latest posts