Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbasko said:
rockdev said:

They have 5 products in development for release FY21.
I guess those trademarks could be for 4 of them?

GPX6000 - pretty self explanatory
Guesses:
MF5 - Multi Frequency 5? CTX upgrade?
Geosense PI - Ground Penetrating Radar + PI?
Silversaver Series - low single frequencies (<4khz) & lower multi frequency series aimed specifically at silver/hord hunters?

Keep in mind multiple patents might only be for one machine. For example there would have been patents for gpz 7000, zvt, and gps all patents being for the gpz 7000 release

I read somewhere that the sdc runs on a low frequency using mps.

I always thought (in my uneducated way) that if they could change the frequency maybe the could get bigger deeper targets instead of small shallow targets on heavy mineralised soils.

Then the brought out the Z which ended up having those attributes but differing tech.

Still you gotta hand it to them, their gold machines have been 4500, 4800, 5000, sdc, gpz, thats a hell of an offering, so fingers crossed theyve still got some tricks up their sleeve and the 6000 has some surprises.

Judging by the people I see out and the evidence on the ground, the use and demand for gold detectors must surely be at an all time high.

rockdev said:
You might be onto something there, I was also thinking the Silversaver Series sounded like a deep hoard hunter as well... Interesting times ahead. :Y:

My first thought when i read the the patent was to imagine the silversaver series as a detector in the style of a walk thru metal detector at the airport rather than a handheld. Used to pass garbage through on a conveyer line to alert to the cutlery or something lile that? That was just the first thing that popped into my mind anyway

OldGT said:
I read somewhere that the sdc runs on a low frequency using mps.

I always thought (in my uneducated way) that if they could change the frequency maybe the could get bigger deeper targets instead of small shallow targets on heavy mineralised soils.

Then the brought out the Z which ended up having those attributes but differing tech.

Still you gotta hand it to them, their gold machines have been 4500, 4800, 5000, sdc, gpz, thats a hell of an offering, so fingers crossed theyve still got some tricks up their sleeve and the 6000 has some surprises.

Judging by the people I see out and the evidence on the ground, the use and demand for gold detectors must surely be at an all time high.

The SDC run a faster rate of Pulse Induction. PI detectors performance is based on the pulse pattern (Tx transmit time/length x Rx receive period) not frequency.
With the GPX having different timings as options you do get pulse patterns that are better for depth, like sharp & normal, but the compromise is they don't handle very mineralised ground well especially with mono coils hence the smooth class of timings like fine gold, enhance & sensitive smooth.
I have heard but can't confirm 100% that the SDC runs a single timing pretty close to the fine gold pulse pattern?
Minelab - MPS used in GPX detectors said:
MPS (Multi Period Sensing) is Minelabs advanced Pulse Induction (PI) technology that transmits pulses of different time periods. MPS also samples the receive signal at multiple time periods allowing target signals and ground signals to be separated.
Minelab - MPF used in SDC2300 said:
MPF (Multi Period Fast) technology incorporates extremely fast Pulse Induction switching between Transmit (Tx) and Receive (Rx) detector signals. Therefore minimal residual transmit signal is present during the receive cycle, enabling clear sharp detection of very small gold.
ZVT in the GPZ is different again but also not frequency based.
Minelab - ZVT used in GPZ7000 said:
ZVT (Zero Voltage Transmission) creates ultraconstant high-power opposite polarity magnetic fields, increasing gold sensitivity. This innovative technology detects gold nuggets at extreme depths.
No longer will you be limited to using either sine wave continuous VLF transmission detectors, that struggle in mineralised ground, or square wave PI transmission detectors, that can be insensitive to varying gold sizes and compositions.

I found where I got the info from.

1596774927_screenshot_20200807-143358_drive.jpg

We're a fair bit off topic here OGT. I've seen that MPF paper before but IMO khz isn't a good measure for describing PI detectors (not sure why Minelab used it in that MPF paper - maybe to highlight how quick MPF is compared to other PI's?).
Frequency in a VLF (constant sine wave - khz) & PI (tx, shut off, rx - pulses/sec) are very different animals.
Putting PI pulse rate as khz can confuse people into thinking that it's as simple & the same as changing the khz on a VLF to go deeper or to get more sensitivity.
It can be in some instances but there's a lot more going on too.
Where MPF succeeded IMO (I'm no tech) with the faster pulse rate is with MPF they were able to nearly instantaneously switch off the Tx then quickly switch to Rx without introducing ground noise. Something they hadn't been able to do before.
What you say here "if they could change the frequency maybe they could get bigger deeper targets instead of small shallow targets on heavy mineralised soils" isn't wrong. In my last post I just tried to show that they already do it with the GPX in a PI detector which is basically a multi frequency or multi pulse rate detector (MPS).
Could they put more timings into the SDC for deeper gold or even just more options to enhance it's forte? Most likely they could. Will they, probably not for the same reasons I reckon MPF won't show up in the GPX6000 (if it did I'd be pleasantly surprised).

Appreciate your response mate, even for a electronics dunce like me I see exactly what your saying.

Right, so historically speaking, how long does it usually take for minelab to go from patent pending to production? A couple of months or more like 12 months?
Anyone know?

davent said:
Right, so historically speaking, how long does it usually take for minelab to go from patent pending to production? A couple of months or more like 12 months?
Anyone know?

These aren't patents. Patents are for establishing sole rights of ownership for new inventions and techniques.

These are trademarks. ie. Names and terms for products and features that a manufacturer wants to protect from use by others.
It's impossible to know the timing before these will reach the marketplace. Some may never get there, if design changes render them obsolete.

GPZ7000 Trademark was registered: Date 2015-03-10.
They went on sale Feb 2015.

The several patents that protect the GPZ7000 were in 2015 between 2 & 14 years old.

Patents from time of filing to actual production can take years or old patents can part cover new gear.
Minelab have a lot of recent patents (<5yrs) that really mean nothing to us laymen. They could be ready for production or as Grubstake says obsolete/not viable.

Trademarks seem to be registered in pretty close time to the actual release.

The 5 new products are scheduled to be released FY21 which started 1st July 2020 & ends June 2021.

Im not expecting any news anytime soon.
Not a great time to release a new product.
I reckon they would play with it some more and release it with some solid testing.

Ded Driver said:
I reckon it was about a year between the Vanquish rumours/stories/teasers & when it was finally released here in AU.

Yeah they delayed it, same thing happened with the Nox.

I did ask Dave from Miners den on his live stream about it but he wasnt giving anything away, imho he didnt seem any more informed than the general public, that is to say I dont think he was holding anything back in his response.

Im a betting man, $5 says we will have a release date confirmed with 8 months, just going by my observations with the SDC, GPZ, and Nox, I mean they released a timeline so its definitely coming, but Covid has probably put a spoke in the rim as it has with everything else.

Latest posts