Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldchaser1 said:
They just had one in the eastern wa goldfields last week ,spoke to a friend that got to use it for a few days here an there,not goin into details but it definetly sounds like a good thing.....

It will be a good thing.To those who want to stick with what they know best good luck to them.
Bring on the 6 :D

maldongold said:
Goldchaser1 said:
They just had one in the eastern wa goldfields last week ,spoke to a friend that got to use it for a few days here an there,not goin into details but it definetly sounds like a good thing.....

It will be a good thing.To those who want to stick with what they know best good luck to them.
Bring on the 6 :D

Plug and pray, plug and pray.

When can we buy it?

One thing I see I dont like is the car charger.
An $8000 detector and you get f@$king alligator clips to charge from your battery? Really? No cigarette lighter charger?

davent said:
An $8000 detector and you get f@$king alligator clips to charge from your battery? Really? No cigarette lighter charger?

Even teh Cig charger for teh CTX3030 was useless; the cable size was too small. Not sure about teh power needs of teh GPX6000 but a good Merit Plug and good wiring was maybe a bit to far to go :)

Have heard and seen too many opinions re the delays; but would rather a late roll out than having to return the item for some last minute changes/re manufacture OR software updates one after teh other.

maldongold said:
A-team said:
This is what I'm talking about. Had a hard time even picking it up! And they want to go smaller???
Found with the GPZ, clear clean signal at around 100mm deep.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/18790/1612867922_g-1.jpg

Don't think the 6000 will be on my wish list.....
No one's making you buy one why are you quacking on about it. It's not that the gold will be smaller than what you've found. The comments seem to concentrate on the fact that your going to find microscopic pieces. The reality as i see it is nuggets of all sizes will be visible with more clarity than is possible now. By the way what's wrong with small gold beats walking around all day getting 'F' all. :Y:

maldongold; if it's as good as they are saying, I might end up buying two! :money: No arm twisting needed - but needs to beat my Zed first... Sounds like you have some inside information you are unable to share as yet, so until then we will keep quacking on about the 6000 as this is what this thread is about? Personally I get frustrated trying to find pieces under 0.01g, it can take a long time fiddling around in the dirt, will make sure I leave them for you :Y:

davent said:

This makes me laugh :lol:

You'd think a charger like that used for makita with plug, click and fast charge would be the way to go, but looks like Minelab are the tightest arses in the business where even :poop: is scared to come out :poop:

:poop:

Nogoldhere said:
I don't understand, if the Gpx6000 is going to retail at $8,000. Wouldn't you spend the extra $1,500 and purchase the Gpz7000?

The flagship detector is the best, isn't it?
Or am I missing something..

Ease of use, lighter weight, 2 coils, wireless headphones and $1500 in your pocket will be very big considerations when deciding 6000 or 7000, assuming the rumoured price of $8000 is correct :pickshovel:

???? Should i stand or sqat when i pee because of the weight seems like a strange comparison between the 7000 to 6000.

If they are the only considerations for the 6000 then i would be not buying a 6000 now unless it was a 7000 in the 6000 frame ?

G'day

It would be good to see if this detector proves itself in the field as only time will tell, been around too long and had too many detectors to just jump in and buy one straight up but I know many people will, I would rather wait until the bull dust clears and get some feedback before I would decide either way, one thing though if this machine only proves to be another micro gold vacuum cleaner then it is going to take a truck load of micro nuggets to cover the purchase cost, a bloke told me the other day that he saw one on display at the caravan show and was told the price tag was about 7 grand, whether this is correct I cant say for sure, I had heard it was going to be about 8 grand?

Earlier machines have proven themselves and the ones I still use will still find gold and have all paid for themselves many times over, guess for me it the devil I know rather than the devil I don't, many people will never recover their costs on detectors, and then also lose money when they want to sell it, think about the zed at about 12 grand when they first appeared I have seen them selling now for 6 to 7 grand, that a big loss unless you have found a chit load of gold with it first, so it would always be a wise to have a think about that aspect of buying something rather than getting caught up in the hype before you make the decision to buy one, you can see it all building up with it now with tidbits of information and random vague emails being sent out, just a marketing ploy to get peoples juices flowing, and stirring the imagination, piss and wind I call it as the thing has not hit the ground, well not here in Australia anyway.

I had a conversation with a bloke when the zed was coming out and I commented on how heavy I thought it was when I picked one up in the shop, as that was my first impression of it, and also I commented that there were no other coil options for it at the time, he went on to tell me how amazing the machine was and how he didn't need any other coils as the one on it did everything he wanted it to, and then his response about the weight factor was that he didn't find it heavy to use, so I responded with well how much gold have you found with it so far?, he response was? well I have not picked it up yet :lol: ahh the power of advertising on the simple mind :drooling:

cheers

stayyerAU

No you're not Gem in I. I use the M.U.L.E. 3 litre camelbak, it's great.

The 7000 is heavy but anyone who is out prospecting regularly wouldn't find it heavy to use.

As for the 6000, a lot of gold would have to be found with it to cover the costs and the size of gold being found is getting smaller and smaller.

Regards Axtyr.

My 2 bobs worth, was considering buying either this new 6 or the 7, but decided to reread up on some old posts regarding the 5 to 7 comparison, what i deduced from that is that the 7 is probably 20% better overall than the 5 and mostly better on the speci's and porous type gold.
In my opinion Minelab is going down the wrong path with respects to not giving us the user the ability to choose what coil we want to use, be it aftermarket or genuine
the aftermarket coils being made now for the 7 makes this point loud and clear.
I think having the choice that the 5 has in giving many settings combinations is the way to go, and in saying that i just scored a near new hardly used 5 for 4k and can't wait to give it a whirl!!
And since the 7 is STILL classified as the flagship, i would say that this new 6 will be almost identical to the 5 performance wise, maybe it will be better on the 0.002 fly**** , but you can have that, i do not fancy digging 30 holes in a day just to make 1 gram, that to me sounds like torture!!

Latest posts