Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dirtdiggin said:
So are there any leaks on a price for it yet? I was hoping no more then 6k but thats just wishful thinking as Id be guessing more around the 8k Mark.

Well if the Gpx6000 does cost 8K it will have to handle mineralised ground, hot rocks & EMI better then the Zed, Even if it doesn't match the ZED on outright depth but it wins with handling ground & atmospherics better it will be a winner. I don't own a Zed but will be upgrading my 5K for this season, if the new Gpx can't handle hot ground better... a good 2nd hand Zed will do just fine, that's my 2 cents!

Why do we have so many normal sane people running about like chooks with their heads cut off doing minelabs P.R. for them. All experts on a machine they have never seen or had feedback from someone who has used one . We have the same people ready to give away their 5000s and outlay $?au . For what , we don't know. So why all the hysteria.
Jim :awful: :rolleyes: :N:

Just 2 observations .....

believe they ARE responding to market requests .... think a lot of people wanted a deeper target detector with SDC simplicity rather than the thousands of combinations available on the GPX.
(as well as a lot of other stuff obviously).

Based on the user manual I'm curious as to whether the 3 coils are part of the package or is it just bluetooth headphones and 1 of the 3 coils mentioned....... guess 3 justify a few extra $$$.

Challenge any of their testers that find gold in "previously flogged with all detectors" type ground to come and try my flogged patches.

$$$$ will no doubt be the biggest factor in peoples decisions.

Latest offering via FB ......

1613092746_71eba6f3-418d-4a0a-a711-310d827653f3_1_201_a.jpg

So, pretty much as expected and no real surprise on the price.

Without the field testing results yet it seems the only real positives I see over the 4500/5000 are easier setup, lighter weight, wireless, waterproof, 2 batteries, no need for a harness.
Negatives are no control over your settings, less coil options.

If I sold my 4500 as a standard pack then sold all the extra coils and accessories I've got for the 4500 I'd be in the ballpark of $6k, I'm not convinced the extra $2k is worth it yet just for the mentioned positives in the 6000, would need to be a proven performer to convince me to take the plunge.

Some people will say "why not buy the 7000", plain and simple for me and probably a few others is they are just too heavy to be a realistic option (for me).

Araratgold said:
I have just read the user manual for the " greatest show on earth " !

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...n_id=YA1Sqm88rdY9jBv8GMBnxg==&fcc_id=Z4C-0039

Nothing in that manual enthralls me much at all, and frankly, I am not impressed at all ! These bits concern me :

" The GPX 17 Mono coil is the top choice for covering large areas of ground quickly and efficiently. It is the top performer when searching for large deep nuggets in less mineralised ground. Like all monoloop coils, the GPX 17 Mono is susceptible to noise in conductive ground or when there are high levels of EMI "

I thought this new u beaut super expensive machine was going to rid these problems, but seemingly no ! Less mineralised ? That wipes out most of Western Australia !

I saw no mention of threshold tone control either ????????

A 5000 is looking better each day for our 3rd detector !

Rick

Mate check out the QED. It works where there is EMI. Think of all those areas under power lines around Kal....

That's clever of Minelab to include the dd coil in the package, considering a bigger mono is almost a necessity in my opinion. I personally don't like the idea of using a 11" as an every day coil & would not use the dd coil every day either. So buying the 17 mono would be on the cards straight up.... unless Evo coils work great on this new machine, which I really hope is the case.

PRLake said:
Araratgold said:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...n_id=YA1Sqm88rdY9jBv8GMBnxg==&fcc_id=Z4C-0039

Nothing in that manual enthralls me much at all, and frankly, I am not impressed at all ! These bits concern me :

" The GPX 17 Mono coil is the top choice for covering large areas of ground quickly and efficiently. It is the top performer when searching for large deep nuggets in less mineralised ground. Like all monoloop coils, the GPX 17 Mono is susceptible to noise in conductive ground or when there are high levels of EMI "

I thought this new u beaut super expensive machine was going to rid these problems, but seemingly no ! Less mineralised ? That wipes out most of Western Australia !

Rick

Mate check out the QED. It works where there is EMI. Think of all those areas under power lines around Kal....

NO.

IF I want to work under powerlines, I will use my 4500 and Coiltek 17 AI coil, or the standard 11DD in cancel.

Rick

Araratgold said:
PRLake said:
Araratgold said:

Rick

NO.

IF I want to work under powerlines, I will use my 4500 and Coiltek 17 AI coil, or the standard 11DD in cancel.

Rick

That was very diplomatic of you Rick. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Dignit said:
I received a Minelab email today with a link to a new very short video.
In short it said the 6000 target market is those that want SDC performance with interchangeable, larger coils and more depth. So there you have it. In a nut shell the 6000 is a suped up SDC.
No doubt part of the reason to raise the price of the 2300.

Since the gpx6000 gets 3/4 grain nuggets all way up to retirement nuggets with one setting, I would say GeoSense has to be a group of timings being scanned all the time to process signals. No other way your gonna get grain size nuggets and gram to ounce to bigger nuggets all with one swing automated. ??? We may never know for sure, minelab's explanations of their processes leave a lot to be desired. I would also be curious to know if they built in audio compression with this new machine, to make the signals pop better. I am pretty sure the GM1000 has audio compression.

found some more info on the Gpx6000... a video on youtube from Southern cross prospecting. It would appear a lot of money was spent on R&D & the tech is next level :perfect: Show Southern cross Prospecting some love & check out his video.

Joeboy said:
found some more info on the Gpx6000... a video on youtube from Southern cross prospecting. It would appear a lot of money was spent on R&D & the tech is next level :perfect: Show Southern cross Prospecting some love & check out his video.

I love that you can jog and swing at the same time. Optical sensor? I reckon they have had this tech for yonks are only releasing it now. Plus we can dig up pin head size pieces. As if chasing sub grammers with the 7000 isn't enough. Notthat I have a 7000.
Still. I'm interested.

I'm sorry but the Southern Cross Prospecting Youtube vid is a bloke reading out some other blokes guesswork about what technologies the GPX 6000 might employ and to be honest a fair bit of it sounds far fetched.

I know we are all having a bit of a guess but it is being read out as though the facts are being presented.

Each to their own but I'd take it with a grain of salt. :|

Northeast said:
I'm sorry but the Southern Cross Prospecting Youtube vid is a bloke reading out some other blokes guesswork about what technologies the GPX 6000 might employ and to be honest a fair bit of it sounds far fetched.

I know we are all having a bit of a guess but it is being read out as though the facts are being presented.

Each to their own but I'd take it with a grain of salt. :|
A very large grain of salt :argh:

Latest posts